Poll: Which Guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar?
Ibanez Iceman with some new Pickups
38 52%
Schecter Hellraiser.
35 48%
Voters: 73.
I am thinking about getting an Ibanez Iceman or a Schecter Hellraiser. I have heard that both those guitars are good for metal. I mostly play stuff like System of a Down. I am debating on getting the Hellraiser or getting the Iceman and replacing the Pickups (Something like some Seymour Duncans). I do play clean sometimes too.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Try a Jet-King with a Pickup change. Costs less then either, and its a Mohogany body. Looks cool too.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAJTK2
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
If it's System you play most of, the Iceman - it's what Darren uses (though you already know that I'm guessing)
My personal choice is the Hellraiser.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Daron did play an Iceman, but it was actually a Baritone
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
if you're talking about looks, i'd go for the iceman. it's beautiful.
Quote by Guitarist X
Daron did play an Iceman, but it was actually a Baritone

Yeah, but even if it wasn't a baritone an Iceman wouldn't give you the SOAD tone. They use Les Pauls a lot in the studio, but not live because they find them too heavy, pussies.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
the iceman is cheaperr and supposedly the 400 has the best pickups made by ibanez (axis pickups), but schecters r nice to. id go with the iceman.
i just ordered an ic200 last night
Quote by Muppet
Yeah, but even if it wasn't a baritone an Iceman wouldn't give you the SOAD tone. They use Les Pauls a lot in the studio, but not live because they find them too heavy, pussies.

Yeah, the guitarist isn't very strong. I think he is kinda small to.

The Iceman is a nice looking guitar. I heard it sounds good to. But the polls say otherwise...

I need some more opinions.

Also, Please dont tell me to go try them out. The closet guitar shop doesn't have either. And I would have to take a 2 hour drive to get to a Guitar Center. That is why I need some opinion on how it plays and feels and sounds.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Well sadly opinions will only get you so far, eventuly you'll have to try them, or you might just end up hating them.

get the iceman and put emgs in it, then you have an amazing guitar
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by Austrorammer
get the iceman and put emgs in it, then you have an amazing guitar

How much would that cost? I was thinking about the EMG 81/85 set. But I have no clue how much it would cost, I also need to have someone install it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

I think the set is 110 USD, and instalatition can range from 10 USD to 50 USD, depending on the store.

Quote by zekk
I think the set is 110 USD, and instalatition can range from 10 USD to 50 USD, depending on the store.

Where would I put the battery If I was to do something like that?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

ive played both of em and personally (an iceman 400 with active EMGs), i feel as though the hellraiser plays a lot better (feelwise). and it may require some soldering for the battery, so if you may just as well end up paying as much as the hellraiser for everything. plus, i think schecter has better quality, but thats just from MY OWN personal experience with ibanez and schecter. i may be dead wrong. my advice: play em. trust me, youll understand everything a LOT better if you play em.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================
How to get better at guitar when you don't have one, or there isn't one around:

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

oh and also, the iceman 400 has 22 frets, whereas the hellraiser has 24. and it comes in a kickass black cherry color (which i have )

and one last piece of valuable info ~

Hellraiser = 650 USD

Iceman (with EMGs) = 660 USD [guitar 550 + 110 pick ups]
(^and thats NOT counting cost of installation of pickups and soldering and whatnot)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

hellraiser w FR has emg 81/85's in it already.

Anyways, to the guy who said EMGs are 110$, you can get them for about 99$ online or get a ZW or KK set for 200$/220$ at any guitar center (kerry king ones have extra gain button but good luck installing it).
Quote by garden of grey
hellraiser w FR has emg 81/85's in it already.

Anyways, to the guy who said EMGs are 110$, you can get them for about 99$ online or get a ZW or KK set for 200$/220$ at any guitar center (kerry king ones have extra gain button but good luck installing it).

dont all hellraisers have EMG 81/85?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

and also, if you go to guitar center, they can switch out your EMG 85 from your hellraiser and put in an EMG 60 for a really low price, which pwns the 85 when it comes to cleans.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

Quote by ihavenofate
ive played both of em and personally (an iceman 400 with active EMGs)

Aren't you talking about LTD's?
Icemans are this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ibanez-ICEMAN-IC200-electric-black-guitar-KISS_W0QQitemZ120026852287QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 whoops the **** out of an Ibanez Iceman, or any other guitar in it's price range for that matter.
Daron() is known (or actually was known...) as the Iceman!
So if you play mostly system I think the Iceman would be best even though it may not give a typical SOAD sound it might give you a feeling of being Daron()
I can't decide! This is so frustrating! I love the look of the Iceman but I have been told Scheter is better. I am going to have to go try out an Ibanez, but it won't be an Iceman. Will other Ibanez necks still have the same feel?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

The schecter has 24 frets, so you have more versatility (YES I DO NEED THAT EXTRA 2 FRETS, OK?)

I'd go for the Iceman before because it looks cooler, and it's a massive slab of maho, which screams metal, but the stock pickups and 22 frets just kill me (ibanez!!!)

The schecter comes with EMGs too..
Quote by Invictious
The schecter has 24 frets, so you have more versatility (YES I DO NEED THAT EXTRA 2 FRETS, OK?)

I'd go for the Iceman before because it looks cooler, and it's a massive slab of maho, which screams metal, but the stock pickups and 22 frets just kill me (ibanez!!!)

The schecter comes with EMGs too..

I really don't need 24 frets, and if I get the Iceman I would change the pickups.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

I love my Hellraiser with a passion. Go with that.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by Muppet

Doesnt he Use a SG?
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Yes now he uses SGs more than icemans, get the iceman, he uses the non baritones as well as the baritones, he also uses, strats, LPs, Jackson RR5s with Gibson pickups etc

but if you want Daron sound, stick some SOAD ish pickups in the iceman
Quote by Jaykib
If it's System you play most of, the Iceman - it's what Darren uses (though you already know that I'm guessing)
My personal choice is the Hellraiser.

Thats basically what I was gonna say.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yes now he uses SGs more than icemans, get the iceman, he uses the non baritones as well as the baritones, he also uses, strats, LPs, Jackson RR5s with Gibson pickups etc

but if you want Daron sound, stick some SOAD ish pickups in the iceman

I think he uses an SH 6 on the Bridge and a Les Paul on the Neck.

http://www.daronmalakianrocks.com/equipment.html

But he uses a Randy Rhoads in the Studio.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

Well..
If you don't need the extra 2 frets.
Don't mind shit pickups form ibanez

Then go for the IC400, the missing 2 frets are a bugger though for me

IC400 is very much for metal though, maybe blues too, but it depends on your amps.
Are active pickups really as awesome for metal as everyone says they are? Would I be able to install Active Pickups in an Iceman?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

Quote by KaMiKaZi90
Are active pickups really as awesome for metal as everyone says they are? Would I be able to install Active Pickups in an Iceman?

Yep, they are. But installing them in the Iceman would be a pain in the ass. You have to worry about finding some place to put the battery too. The Hellraiser already comes with active EMG 81/85s, awesome pups.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Personaly, Schecter Hellraiser. It's all depends on you though.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Ooh yea, installing EMGs on IC400 would TOTALLY ROCK.

But you better bring it to a pro, because you need a place to put the battery.

OR you can leave the battery hanging out, makes it look 'has character'
Why limit yourself on these two choices? Play whatever feels good/sound best to you, man. Don't buy an axe cause it looks cool or someone else plays it. Buy it cause it improves your playing or sounds better for your style.

In other words...

Don't be an idiot, spend your cash on something useful, dumbass!