so last night i went to the weekly band show, the bands there are in the semi pro category. They sell shirts and cd's, get paid, have a fan base, managers, and a few are even on indie labels.

so what is the difference between that and the bands who are just playing like parties and struggling for gigs and dont have shirts, cd's, money, managers, and chicks, and no contact with any label?

i know its not talent because well there not all that great always.
you answerered you own question. a band just starting out "are just playing like parties and struggling for gigs and dont have shirts, cd's, money, managers, and chicks, and no contact with any label"

a semi-pro or pro band has all that stuff.

but that seemed way too simple maybe i misinterpreted the question?
Quote by Zeus2716
you answerered you own question. a band just starting out "are just playing like parties and struggling for gigs and dont have shirts, cd's, money, managers, and chicks, and no contact with any label"

I think hes asking more along the lines of what is the difference in work ethics, and what it takes to make it.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
I know that for bands around my area it's how much they make themselves noticed. So posters, playing things like AmCon to get recognition, organising school/college Battle of the Bands, sending out fliers, adding people to their mailing list. Sending a free mp3 to people so that they might buy their album. All kinds of junk really.
you have to do the buisness
they've probably been around a couple years and are a little older
you have to work at it too
you have to order shirts, record, and all that jazz
you must make an effort to play with other bands and widen your fan base
thats how they did it
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by mr. cool
so last night i went to the weekly band show, the bands there are in the semi pro category. They sell shirts and cd's, get paid, have a fan base, managers, and a few are even on indie labels.

so what is the difference between that and the bands who are just playing like parties and struggling for gigs and dont have shirts, cd's, money, managers, and chicks, and no contact with any label?

i know its not talent because well there not all that great always.

They probally write good songs that you happen to not like?

Been around longer, they could have good stage skills. Good at marketing/business.

Skill isnt that big of a factor in it. Mainly stage presence and marketing.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Zeus2716

+1. Nice answer, Zeus!
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton