http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BCR-KKPVPK-BK--brand-28.html

this actually seems like a nice beginner-mid level guitar to me. I like the sound of basswood and maple mecks, the pickups seem good, your not gambling with a trem, and I'm pretty sure those are active pickups, but I know BC Rich has a tendancy to over price, and I don't trust it. Can anyone tell me wether this is a good entry guitar (My friend is starting, he already has a 15 watt roland cube)?
Dickless.
Those aren't active pickups, if you want a real Kerry King set you'll have to pay quite a lot. Low end bc riches have a reputation for sucking, but at least it's made out of basswood and not agathis. I dunno, I'd definitely try it out before buying.
Quote by oblique
Those aren't active pickups, if you want a real Kerry King set you'll have to pay quite a lot. Low end bc riches have a reputation for sucking, but at least it's made out of basswood and not agathis. I dunno, I'd definitely try it out before buying.

I know that, I'm not expecting King's guitar

I'm just looking for a beginners metal guitar that will last a year or 2, till he can upgrade.
Dickless.
I would recommend a lower end Ibanez such as the RG321. I think you'll much happier with that then a BC.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
I would recommend a lower end Ibanez such as the RG321. I think you'll much happier with that then a BC.

really? I've heard its a bad idea to buy low end Ibanez. Or maybe it was Jackson, I can never tell the 2 apart.
Dickless.
Im not to sure about low end bc quality. For a good metal beginners guitar try some sort of a schecter.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
really? I've heard its a bad idea to buy low end Ibanez. Or maybe it was Jackson, I can never tell the 2 apart.

Well really, it's bad to buy a low end anything. The best thing to do is to invest in a decent guitar that will last you a while. But if you are in a pinch for cash, Ibanez is definitely better than BC Rich in the low end spectrum.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^^ Agreed, I bought my Ibanez RG321-MH down to a budget and for it's price it sounds ****ing sweet coupled with a Vox AD-30VT. I hope you're not buying the quitar for the so called 'cool' flying V design.

I know it's stupid but if you're a beginner you might want a guitar with some fret marking other wise you might struggle.