Poll: Tom Morrello Innovative?
Poll Options
View poll results: Tom Morrello Innovative?
Yay
39 81%
Nay
9 19%
Voters: 48.
Do you consider Tom Morrello an innovative guitarist?
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
Yes. He's a great guitarist and I think he's made he can make his way up to legendary. Arguably the best guitarist in Modern Rock.
Sent from my iPad.
Arguably the most overrated effects whore of all time.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by paintITblack39
Yes. He's a great guitarist and I think he's made he can make his way up to legendary. Arguably the best guitarist in Modern Rock.

+1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Yeah, he's an innovative guy. I don't like Audioslave at all but RATM were awesome.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
one o my fave guitarists
EVER
Quote by sonixon
I'll say.
They were originally going make Claudio a part of Mount Rushmore, but the material was not tough enough to sculpt his hair out of.

Quote by thefinalcut
"St. Anger" was done in Drop Z tuning, they were trying to "out heavy" Slipknot.
Yes, but why do we care about that in the Electric Guitar Forum?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
Yes, but why do we care about that in the Electric Guitar Forum?

Because, he understands the electronics of the guitar and effects so well that he manipulated it to sound like whatever he wants. He has of the smallest effects boards in professional guitar playing.
http://guitargeek.com/rigview/124/
"Hey man, Thanks"

^Yea, but the guy wasn't asking about what effects he used or anything. He just asked a general question that is better suited in the Other Forum or The Pit.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
^Yea, but the guy wasn't asking about what effects he used or anything. He just asked a general question that is better suited in the Other Forum or The Pit.

I am "The Guy." I didn't think of puttting it in the pit because its filled with retards who would say stupid things. This thread isnt for an arguement, its for a general census of the people. Thats why i put it in the electric guitar forum. If it doesnt fit, it will be moved or closed soon enough.
"Hey man, Thanks"

^Fair enough. The Pit is dangerous ground sometimes.
- FJ

Very very innovative guy real inspiration.

TO the people who call him an "effects *****" have you listend to his playing? He only uses alot of effects in solos and on occasion abstract verses or breaks. In case you havn't a guitar solo is where a guitarist gets to do what they want, and Tom Morello shows off by his mastery of tricks and effects rather than shredding. Its his signature. Its like calling Van Halen a 'tapping *****', Zakk Wylde a 'Pinched harmonic *****', Derek Trucks a 'slide *****' or Hendrix a 'lead break *****'.
being able to use effects and minupulate the guitar to make good sounds and melodies is really cool. Mike ezinger from incubus is a great effects and general guitarist
Very very innovative guy real inspiration.

TO the people who call him an "effects *****" have you listend to his playing? He only uses alot of effects in solos and on occasion abstract verses or breaks. In case you havn't a guitar solo is where a guitarist gets to do what they want, and Tom Morello shows off by his mastery of tricks and effects rather than shredding. Its his signature. Its like calling Van Halen a 'tapping *****', Zakk Wylde a 'Pinched harmonic *****', Derek Trucks a 'slide *****' or Hendrix a 'lead break *****'.

If he were to play any of his solos or anything on a clean channel with no effects, it'd sound like garbage. Without his effects he's nothing.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
If he were to play any of his solos or anything on a clean channel with no effects, it'd sound like garbage. Without his effects he's nothing.

listen man, thats not the point. if zakk wylde didnt have EMGs and a jcm800, he would sound like a friggin idiot playin all them solos. think if the edge didnt play around with delay the way hes did. what if dimebag didnt have a floyd rose? BB king without his vibrato? theyre all just parts of the craft, and he knows how to use them. and plus, hes beyond using just effects, he does other weird sh t like playin a solo WITH HIS FRIGGIN PATCH CABLE AND HIS BRIDGE PLATE. but thats just my opinon.
PS. look through the RATM discography and look for tom doin some shredding. belive me. hes shreds sumn' powerful, cousin.
Quote by R_H_C_P
It's a known fact that 100% of people that sell their Telecasters, die.