Hi everyone.

Its looking more and more like my current guitar (samick) is almost dead. The electronics just dont seem to work. So I have decided I will probably sell it and get a normal 7 string.

The samick I have has the floyd rose tremelo and medium frets. Inititally when I bought that guitar I was stoked bout the floyd rose. Now I hate it. I mean to change tunings on the strings its a b***h.

So I want a 7 string with a fixed bridge.

Secondly it should also have jumbo frets cuz I play basically rhythm and cant really solo for **** and I have big hands.

Most usually have dual Humbuckers.

Also I will be buying a used one - so if possible please recommend older models from ESP LTD, Ibanez, Schecter or any other ones. Please dont recommend any oblique brands as I have decided to get something decent.

thanks
Obscure guitars don't have to suck, and we need to know your style of music and what amp you have.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Wow thanks for the insanely fast replies.

My budget is about $250-300USD. Thats probably for used. If its new might be a bit more.

My amp is a 30W Fender practise amp.

My style is metal, alternative to even clean acoustic stuff.
I'm sorry to say it, but you are gonna need a new amp in the near future. Schecter makes good seven strings. Jackson makes a really nice one, but it is expensive. (Damn, trying to think in your price range) Ibanez makes a 7-string that I belive is under 4 or 5 hundred dollars.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
I'm sorry to say it, but you are gonna need a new amp in the near future. Schecter makes good seven strings. Jackson makes a really nice one, but it is expensive. (Damn, trying to think in your price range) Ibanez makes a 7-string that I belive is under 4 or 5 hundred dollars.

Yeah the fender is my amp that can fit into my dorm room. Once I graduate I will get a better one.

What about ESP LTD? I have seen some nice ones on ebay> M-107 How are those guitars? Schecter Damiens any good?
Last edited by djpharoah at Sep 9, 2006,
Any LTD that isn't at least a 400 model isn't very good. Damiens are very nice, and you will probably spend less on it than an LTD 7-string. Although 400/1000 model LTDs are very nice guitars, and are durable.
- FJ

Quote by flyingjew34
Any LTD that isn't at least a 400 model isn't very good. Damiens are very nice, and you will probably spend less on it than an LTD 7-string. Although 400/1000 model LTDs are very nice guitars, and are durable.

Thanks for the advice.

Looking on these forums and on ebay - How are Agile Septors?? Never really heard of Agile
I'm not really educated with Agiles. Never played one, so I can't say anything about them.
- FJ