This is my song for the Steve Irwin contest, but I figured I'd also post it here to see just what you guys thought about it. I think it turned out rather well, save a rather fuzzy background and a few misplaced strums and tambourines. Plus there's an (synthesized) organ and a little improv guitar solo at the end, which I think both turned out well. I know my vocals aren't too strong but I think they're decent enough, no? Anyway, the website is right here. Try not to tear me up too hard, I'm really happy with this one .
[SIZE=
im not happy with it
needs moar distortion
and um if its ****ing steve Irwin, its needs a cooler song subject. or try to make it funny, cuz if its ment to be funny i only laughed cuz the lyircs aare insanely not good...
sorry thas my opinion
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Last edited by Strat_Player at Sep 9, 2006,
Ok. That's fine. But distort an acoustic? If you ever find a way to distort chords on an acoustic and make it sound good, let me know...

And what do you mean it was meant to be funny? It was a serious song...
[SIZE=
well distort the solo and make your chords triads and add distortion to that too and give it a rock rythm.
my point is that it should be making fun of the irony of how he died, and and it wasnt heart felt at all and the oye crikey in the middles of the song was like wtf
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Though it was rather ironic the way in which he died, that's not what I was trying to point out with the song at all. Steve Irwin was one of my childhood heroes and I tried to pay tribute to him the best way I could. I didn't want it to be a rock song because it didn't seem like it should be one to me. So if it didn't seem heartfelt that's too bad but I tried my best to make it that way.
[SIZE=
oh well...at least ya gave it a good go
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.

Anyway, good song. I'm not awfully fond of your voice no offense. I like the acoustic parts with the tambourines and everything. I could hear one or two out-of-time strums (unless you meant to make that rhythm as well. Nothing super noticable, though.

I liked the idea of the "Crikey" part, but I, personally didn't like it lol.

7/10 Steve was my childhood hero too
Last edited by kirbyrocknroll at Sep 9, 2006,
btw your voice wasnt bad for what you were doing
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll

Anyway, good song. I'm not awfully fond of your voice no offense. I like the acoustic parts with the tambourines and everything. I could hear one or two out-of-time strums (unless you meant to make that rhythm as well. Nothing super noticable, though.

I liked the idea of the "Crikey" part, but I, personally didn't like it lol.

7/10 Steve was my childhood hero too

I don't like my voice much either... The crikey part was supposed to be different, with different people and screaming and stuff, but I didn't feel like sitting in my basement screaming crikey with my family upstairs and I didn't feel like getting people over to say crikey and then leave. But thanks a lot.
[SIZE=