My guitar dosent make a sound when plugged in to amp please help
zakk wylde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
dodgy cable maybe?
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
how easy to fix ? on my own

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
Have you turned up the guitar/amp volume?

Have you switched the amp on?

Maybe it's a dodgy cable.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I need some more symptoms. Have you tried a different amp? Have you tried a different cable? Have you tried a different guitar plugged in with the same cable and amp? Have you tried changing the pickups? (I mean switching which pickup you are using on the same guitar ) Tell me what it does for each of these tests...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

tips.

1. CHECK VOLUME
2. see if the cord is busted, borrow someone elses
3. make sure everything has power
4. if you have active pickups, your 9v could be dead

thats a few of a ton of things wait for the regulars to give u more if these dont work
maybe the cable is defect
turn on volume on your guitar or on your amp
maybe your input's broken down
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Same thing happened to me recently.

It can be any of these things.

1) The soldering points on the wiring on the inside of the guitar might have come loose.

2) output jack needs to be replaced.
the amps fine and the cables fine i think its because the bolt where the amp goes in fell out i may have pulled simething out but i dont know what

Quote by sloppyjoe24
The bolt? What bolt are you referring to?
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

the screw on thing

Quote by sloppyjoe24
where u plug the cable into

Quote by sloppyjoe24
The input jack? That could be a problem. Open up your amp and make sure that you have a good connection there. But only do this if you are fairly competant at working with electronics because you could fuck up other things in there. If you are unsure about your skills, take it in to a shop.
- FJ

the amp is fine its the guitar

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Ok, I'm assuming you tried a different guitar...

What happens when you switch to different pickups on the faulty guitar?
- FJ

yes

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Go to your guitar store. They'll fix your input jack and probably won't take you much money.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
is it easy enough to do it my self

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Well I need to know if the input jack is even the issue. Try playing the guitar with both (or all 3) pickups that are on the guitar and see if any sound is coming from any of them.
- FJ

its not the bloody amp or pick ups its the input where u plug the cable into the guitar

Quote by sloppyjoe24
Ok, well unscrew the input jack, and see if you have a good connection there. If all it is is a some loose wires, all it will take is a soldering job.
- FJ

It might be the amp... or maybe even a dodgy cable. It's definately a good idea to check those.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
kool thanxs i will let u know if it works with in the next 3 days thanxs people

Quote by sloppyjoe24