Poll Options
View poll results: Fender or Ibanez?
Fender
52 52%
Ibanez
48 48%
Voters: 100.
Page 1 of 2
Well as you people know i have a Fender Strat and an Ibanez AX, and i chose im going to stick with ONE brand, so which one?

(Note: The American Strats and Tele's have dkMB, so it sounds like a humbucker on the bridge just to let you know, i just wanna know for quality)

I Play: Emo, Thrash Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, 80's Metal, Punk Rock

Rate in: Tone, Craftsmanship,Style and Playability, out of 10 (have to in thread)
Why? They're shockingly different guitars, not even comparable.

It's like comparing apples with African tree snakes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P

its my job to confuzzle peoples, its because i narrowed it down to these two brands, but i just want one brand, no this does not mean im planning to buy a new guitar
ibanez for sure for the type of music you play, all there models rip even their lowend models and theyre cheap for how awesome they are, i dont think i'll buy anything other than ibanez from now on, unless an esp tempts me in the future, who knows
Quote by ch715dallat
ibanez for sure for the type of music you play, all there models rip even their lowend models and theyre cheap for how awesome they are, i dont think i'll buy anything other than ibanez from now on, unless an esp tempts me in the future, who knows

you people must RATE!

if worse comes to worse, i will make you people post brands, but now its fender and ibanez

the highest i'll go is up to the american teles or strats, so keep that in mind
Last edited by Arlabester at Sep 9, 2006,
i don't know if i can rate from others word-of-mouth, but
the S470 is a good guitar, but the fat strat is good as well.
Wait... I don't get the point of this thread, explain..
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Wait... I don't get the point of this thread, explain..

its for which brand i will use, ibanez or fender, simple as that (and us crafted well, yadayadayada)

and

YOUR SUPPOSED TO RATE!

also only up to $999 USD, none higher
Fender Japanese '54 reissue Strat, or a '57 or '62 Reissue one.
Don't be afraid to care"

Tone: Depends on the pickups really. The higher end Ibanez's will come with better pickups, but in either case: I recommend changing the pickups. Slap some Seymour's in there, and you are set for all styles of music.
Craftsmanship: Fender owns without a doubt
Style: It's all preference
Playability: If you have big hands, you're gonna want a Fender. Ibanez tends to be small.

Overall, I recommend Fender.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by R_H_C_P

Right now my strat is taken apart and I only have my RG 1570. I really miss my strat. Befor I had my RG there was a lot of music I liked to play that didn't sound quite right. Ibanez gives you more bang for your buck then fender but the fender is still well worth the money and if you don't play shred then you will probably find that you use the strat more.

BTW, the strat is the most versital fender out there

If the only reason you are thinking strat is because of the neck, then keep in mind that you could get a MIJ Ibanez for around $700 and then get a cutom neck for about $200 and still have an extra $100 to spend on new pickups.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Sep 9, 2006,
Quote by Arlabester
im 13, but i have HUGE hands, so yeah

so what would fender be me?
that fat strat you haveÉ
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
that fat strat you haveÉ

i dont have a fat strat i have a SSS strat

^ oh legend of the acoustic makers (courdoroy) im thinking of another strat becuase of craftsmanship and patriotism
Quote by Arlabester
i dont have a fat strat i have a SSS strat

^ oh legend of the acoustic makers (courdoroy) im thinking of another strat becuase of craftsmanship and patriotism
i thought you said you had one...
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
i thought you said you had one...

you asked if i had one, i said SSS
which fender do you recommend, nothing with S-1 Switching plz, too confusing, and also, im not changing the pick-ups, note: **** no im not buying a new guitar!

should i sell my ibanez? its discontinued or should i keep it for the HB's?
Well, seeing that you already have the top of the line from the Ibanez AX series, I don't recommend another. It does seem to me that you're having buyer's remorse. If you really, really don't like it, Ebay it for like $400 and then buy what you want.

Also, why stick to one brand?

And, may I just ask why you're looking for a new guitar if you don't plan to buy one?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
How can Ibanez compete with vintage Fender? :/ No contest. Fender.
Quote by Arlabester
which fender do you recommend, nothing with S-1 Switching plz, too confusing, and also, im not changing the pick-ups, note: **** no im not buying a new guitar!
should i sell my ibanez? its discontinued or should i keep it for the HB's?

i might use another brand, but these are the two i like, maybe if i find another, im posting this cos my savings account is open, and it never hurts to have some moolah for stuffs, EX. im buying a roland microcube
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
if you're not buying a guitar, then why do you want to know which is better?

cos im cool like that (my friend is planning on buying a new one, since i have an ibanez and fender, he'll choose which one)

plus im the kinda guy who plans ahead
Hm...In that case, I say Fender all the way. You have an Ibanez, and from my point of view, it seems you still prefer your Fender. (I can't blame you, either - The Fender's I played the other day were great)

I would suggest something different though. You have a Strat, so why not something a bit different? Maybe a Tele? A Cyclone? A HAWT MUSTANG?!

That's the worst part. Even once you decide on the brand, there are still like 100 great Fender's for under $1000. Maybe more. I'm having this problem now. I think I have like 7 different Fenders on my "Guitars I want so bad" list.

As for your friend, what does he play most? That's the deciding factor for him.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Hm...In that case, I say Fender all the way. You have an Ibanez, and from my point of view, it seems you still prefer your Fender. (I can't blame you, either - The Fender's I played the other day were great)

I would suggest something different though. You have a Strat, so why not something a bit different? Maybe a Tele? A Cyclone? A HAWT MUSTANG?!

That's the worst part. Even once you decide on the brand, there are still like 100 great Fender's for under $1000. Maybe more. I'm having this problem now. I think I have like 7 different Fenders on my "Guitars I want so bad" list.

As for your friend, what does he play most? That's the deciding factor for him.

i know whatcha mean, if i stick wit fender, i MIGHT sell my AX for a mexican tele, those are hot we decided today, waiting to get into school, on Strats and Teles for our band, (im 13, no im not rich, i just work my ass of for my gear)

as for him, he plays everything i do

oh ive played $2000 GIBSONS! and i still prefer my strat no fucking joke
Does he like your AX? If so, sell it to him and get yourself a Tele!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Does he like your AX? If so, sell it to him and get yourself a Tele!

he loves it! DAMN YOUR SMART! but hes broke so what should he do? hes has a crate ROFLBBQLOLLERCOPTERPANCAKES!
Get a job.

Honestly that's all I've got.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Get a job.

Honestly that's all I've got.

he has to haul wood and he doesnt get paid! hes only 13, doesnt that suck?
^Then I'm out of ideas. I guess selling it to him won't work unless he suddenly gets a good amount of money.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Then I'm out of ideas. I guess selling it to him won't work unless he suddenly gets a good amount of money.

i feel a sudden urge to steal something
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
^Yes. You do need to say more. Like how you can stand to look guitars that ugly.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Yes. You do need to say more. Like how you can stand to look guitars that ugly.

OOOOH PWNED BY FENDER COOLNESS! (text to stop annoying every word capitalized)

oh theyre used, i dont roll that way
lmao ZOMG the jems are fake/custom-shopped yeah ,but everything else are real as hell. I have played some like those at my local music go round. OR if you want a Iby but without paying for the name go for a cort they are pretty good , but what ever floats your boat.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
lmao ZOMG the jems are fake/custom-shopped yeah ,but everything else are real as hell. I have played some like those at my local music go round. OR if you want a Iby but without paying for the name go for a cort they are pretty good , but what ever floats your boat.

yeah too bad its about ibanez and fender

i dont really have buyers remorse xenn, i just like my fender more, if i could sell my AX for a tele, i would. but i still like my ax
The fact is when you have a almost any guitar of the same price & same wood it is just about pickups, looks,and the neck that is all(pretty much). So if you like a tele go for it. You could also build one with YOUR specs cheaper. You just have to buy the neck body and hardware. But personnaly i am to lazy lol.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Page 1 of 2