Page 1 of 2
Hey...

I have my electric guitar for around 5 days... I've got a "Caliber stratocaster"
A local guitar shop told me it is a good guitar to start with, was he right?
Quote by Scarlatti
Hey...

I have my electric guitar for around 5 days... I've got a "Caliber stratocaster"
A local guitar shop told me it is a good guitar to start with, was he right?

how much money ya got, and post a link
Ahah...

Am i also to play rock/metal later on after one year or so if i'm more experienced with my guitar?
Last edited by Scarlatti at Sep 9, 2006,
Maybe a Yamaha Fat Strat would suit you better.

Quote by Scarlatti
For what kind of music is my guitar made then?

From blues to Iron Maiden, at the most (and thats pushing it).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Arlabester
everything but metal

Shut up.

Quote by Scarlatti
So i'm also able to play some nice hard rock with it? ^^

You'll be struggling if you don't have a stacked humbucker though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Scarlatti
So i'm also able to play some nice hard rock with it? ^^

ehhhh... kind of

how long have you been playing, 5 days? do you take lessons? can you read notes?

it cant do very agressive hard rock, but i can do My Chemical Romance on my Strat (I have a Fender)
^MCR's tone suck dong.

EDIT: MCR also uses Les Pauls.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Shut up.

You'll be struggling if you don't have a stacked humbucker though.

unless you have a fat strat, tool, SSS can not do metal, dont remind me about iron maiden, so you shut up
Yes, i have my guitar for 5 days, and i am going to take lessons soon, and i can read notes, i have some freinds which are helping me with those things...

And i can do with that kind of music till im more experienced and i'll buy a humbucker then

Many thanks...
Quote by Arlabester
unless you have a fat strat, tool, SSS can not do metal, dont remind me about iron maiden, so you shut up

^Ever heard of stacked humbuckers? Like in Yngwie's?

Oh wait, you probably don't know who's Yngwie...

Quote by Scarlatti
Yes, i have my guitar for 5 days, and i am going to take lessons soon, and i can read notes, i have some freinds which are helping me with those things...

And i can do with that kind of music till im more experienced and i'll buy a humbucker then

Many thanks...

What do you listen to currently?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

OMFG Yngwie Malmsteem , and i said FAT STRATS! NOT SSS!
^Ynwgie uses SSS strats... check MF.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
If it's what you want, then it's fine.

In a year, if you want to get really heavy, you might need to get a guitar with humbuckers.

Partly because the hum of single coils is more obvious when distortion is present.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by aznrockerdude
^Ynwgie uses SSS strats... check MF.

*disbelief* you said stacked HB's your tripping over yourself... omg...
personally i think the neck profile conforming to your hand size has more to do with ease of learning then quality of the electronics in it. true if it sounds like crap plugged in its gonna put you off from wanting to learn more since you can't even get close to the sound your after.
but when i was just learning to play i was rarely plugged in anyways.
Quote by aznrockerdude

What do you listen to currently?

I listen: Lostprophets, Intwine, Nickelback, some RHCP, Linkin Park, Some bullet for my valentine metellica, nirvana ofc , Korn, 3 doors down...

Thats it
Quote by _Sanitarium_
personally i think the neck profile conforming to your hand size has more to do with ease of learning then quality of the electronics in it. true if it sounds like crap plugged in its gonna put you off from wanting to learn more since you can't even get close to the sound your after.
but when i was just learning to play i was rarely plugged in anyways.

but if u play with a shiznitty guitar, you'll wanna get good and get a better one
Quote by Arlabester
*disbelief* you said stacked HB's your tripping over yourself... omg...

Fender® Yngwie Malmsteen Strat Electric Guitar Features:

Alder body
Maple neck
Scalloped fretboard
Brass nut
2 DiMarzio YJM pickups
DiMarzio HS-3
Malmsteen-specified neck shape
Late '60s large headstock
Mint-green pickguard
Schaller vintage F machine heads
Medium-jumbo frets
Synchronized tremolo
Aged plastic parts

There ya go
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 9, 2006,
Quote by aznrockerdude
Fender® Yngwie Malmsteen Strat Electric Guitar Features:

Alder body
Maple neck
Scalloped fretboard
Brass nut
2 DiMarzio YJM pickups
DiMarzio HS-3
Malmsteen-specified neck shape
Late '60s large headstock
Mint-green pickguard
Schaller vintage F machine heads
Medium-jumbo frets
Synchronized tremolo
Aged plastic parts

wow.... how long have you been playing?

he plays HSS, the stack is not counted as a SC, unless its a P-90

p.s.: you just got owned by a n00b
Last edited by Arlabester at Sep 9, 2006,
Quote by Arlabester
wow.... how long have you been playing?

he plays HSS, the stack is not counted as a SC, unless its a P-90

Actually no, it's a SSS.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Actually no, it's a SSS.

ok yeah, but you called it a stacked humbucker so yeah, you are tripping over yourself
Quote by aznrockerdude
^MCR's tone suck dong.

EDIT: MCR also uses Les Pauls.

no sh*t

they use SG's just as much
^Fine, I'm not discussing with an emo fanboy.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
ymgwie plays SSS, but all are stacked(noiseless pickups on some fenders are a prime example)

and don't bash genres, it makes you look stupid
Meh... it's just that I'm sick of emo, they're everywhere in my school.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
if your wanting to play harder rock, everyone mentioned stacked HB's, i just wanted to give you since you seem kinda new of what they are talking about

http://www.seymourduncan.com/compareTones/tone.asp?ID=48

sorry i cant help you more, i couldnt under stand freaky deaky dutch of the web page
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Best to start of with a yamaha. They're not very expensive and they work alright. I started with some really crap one, then I got a fender Squier. Maybe you could start off with a Squier. Bu since you already have a stratocaster then you should stay with that one.
If you only been playing for 5 days, you probably, I'm assuming, won't be able to tell a Marshall JCM800 from a Marshall MG. Please get some skill to appreciate gear before you go out shelling cash for better gear.
Dude strats are very great to start on and play as a more advanced musician too, i play anything from blues and jazz to metal and punk and my mexican made deluxe fat strat hss does the trick. The humbucker on the thing is great and i only payed $500 on www.musiciansfriend.com
put it this way an SSS strat holds a very sharp rock tone and if u want something heavy a les paul holds a fat and heavy tone
Page 1 of 2