Has anyone ever tried to play a guitar with a violin bow like the dude from Whitesnake? What does it sound like?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
i tried, but my bridge isnt arched so it doesnt rele work
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
^what kinda guitar has an arched bridge then?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
none as standard (As far as i'm aware) chances are that you would have to carry out extensive modification to no only your bridge, but also your neck and nut aswell.
Or you could get an e-bow.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Whitesnake? Pfffft, Page invented that.
Quote by BrainDamage
did you just refer to the lead singer of Green Day as an ewok?
Quote by WokCreations

thats waht i was going to say
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by WokCreations

actually Page wasn't the first person to play guitar with a bow, it was Eddie Phillips whom Jimmy did some work with during his session days
Rush Fan Club member # 10
Seinfeld Fan Club member #7
ive done it it does work but it really only works well on the top and bottom e strings because it doesnt work playing all strings at the same time and the top and bottom strings are the only ones you can reach... and i bought a crappy bow for $30 and it doesnt really work... it does with my dads expensive one but you still need a lot of resin (rosin?) i have no idea how to spell that but yeah
i user a violin bow.. it wont work well on a strat or flattop guitar.. you need an archtop. like a les paul. you cant really get the middle strings but you can get the low e. or the e and a or the high e and the e and b and maybe the e, a and d.. you can do so much with the violin bow. ad some chorus. add some delay. as for the ebow.. the novelty isnt the same.. its so much cooler using an actual violin bow.
yea you can make your bridge arch by adjusting the height of your strings, higher in the middle and lower on the edges, and it does work on a flat top, page did it so its definately possible.
dont you need a special bow? i heard that if you use a regualr bow the steel string will tear it apart
Quote by bambi_slaughter

how do you get a baby in a tupperwear container?
use the blender.
how do you get it out again?
tostitos.
nah a regular bow works fine, maby get flatwound strings if you are worried about it...
Quote by heartbreaker101
actually Page wasn't the first person to play guitar with a bow, it was Eddie Phillips whom Jimmy did some work with during his session days

Pfft, Jimmy invented everything. If you showed him a new trick with a guitar and then he trys it, he invented it
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
yea, because he did it all so well, and him being in led zeppelin might of had something to do with it, good musicians to back him up and all
ive tried it, i needed more rosin
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
HAHHAHAAH
I love how Nigel tunes the violin at the end. I couldn't stop laughing.
Nigel also has his knobs go to 11 so I don't think you'll be able to do that unless yours go to 11 too.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by sk8erguy171
ive done it it does work but it really only works well on the top and bottom e strings because it doesnt work playing all strings at the same time and the top and bottom strings are the only ones you can reach... and i bought a crappy bow for $30 and it doesnt really work... it does with my dads expensive one but you still need a lot of resin (rosin?) i have no idea how to spell that but yeah

i bought a pretty decent bow for $9.50
ya, jimmy page
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Didn't Page use a viola bow?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead