Ive heard it is a great practice amp and am planning on buying it. I will be playing it with a Ibanez sz 320. I am going to be focusing on playing more hardcore type sounds. Metalcore, grindcore, hardcore things of that sort. Is this still a good amp for that kinda sound? Should i buy it then just get a good diss pedal? Im on a very low budget so i dont have alot of options. Well thank you in advanced
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
The microcube is very nice amp but you won't get some insane distortion or something through that little speaker.. so yeah a pedal would be neccesary if you really want it to be super hi-gain other than that it's a perfect practise amp, the cleans are really nice and the effects are nice to mess around with
The MicroCube has hardly any good distortion...so canse in point....Metal + Microcube = ****.
But Eric.. he has a distortion pedal, right? So that wouldnt be a problem I guess
well if you already have a frontman, why would you need a baby amp?

i really dont like the microcubes, the one i played the small speaker sounded like **** with my scooped distortion i always play with which you might play with too if you use that for metalcore
I think im just gonna buy a regular good practice amp, then go buy a cheap headphone amp for 25$ i found lol. im thinking of gettin a cube 15 it seems like it plays good.
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Quote by Eric 666
The MicroCube has hardly any good distortion...so canse in point....Metal + Microcube = ****.

Erm...give it a break dude. Its a 2watt 5" speaker battery powered amp. For what it is and what it was designed for its the best out there.
Quote by Cizzie
But Eric.. he has a distortion pedal, right? So that wouldnt be a problem I guess

Notttt reallllyy....
distortion pedals+modeling amps= a HUGE

If you dont like the onboard distortion on the amp. Dont get it...its really as simple as that.

(and if the R-Fier model w/the gain dimed isnt enough distortion for you then youre a n00b lol)
Does the sound get ****ed with a modeling amp + distortion pedal?
Or does it just explodes..
For a practice amp, you'd be hard-pressed to find one that's more fun. Love mine. Even use it to record straight to sound card.

Caveat: I don't play metal but I get enough distortion for what I like.
ITS CRAP WITH A DISTORTION PEDAL

and btw a lot of the guys here haven't tooled with it long enough to have any useful comment on it.

It's good for distortion, can get gainy on the r-fier setting - but it's treble intense due to to it's small speaker, so the classic stack mode doesn't bring through the darkness it really should.

It's an amp that you get and you can't do much too, perfect beginners amp because you don't have to worry about equing it, it's set up and ready to go and you can focus more time on playing your guitar.

however if you want something that you can screw around with, like with pedals and stuff this is more of an all in one solution so it's not meant for that. get a standard solid state or a epi valve junior if you want something to plug pedals into. get the microcube if you want a bang for your buck practice amp.

I would have got the Cube 15 if it had DSP & COSM, but microcube's one up on it there.
Marty
It's a great little amp, sturdy as hell...If you want metal distortion theres really only one setting for that though...

my two complaints with it - no EQ (bass mid treble)
and you can't mix the four effects (theyre all on one knob)
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by aaron13
I think im just gonna buy a regular good practice amp, then go buy a cheap headphone amp for 25$ i found lol. im thinking of gettin a cube 15 it seems like it plays good.

^why do you want a smaller version of what you alrady have in your sig? Sounds stupid, but am I missing the point?
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!