Ok...right now I have a Vox Pathfinder 15 R. A couple of friends and I are goin to start a band, but we're probably not goin to be playing large gigs or anything; a high school auditorium at the most. Which amp should i get...a cube 30 or a cube 60?? Is there a big difference in tone, or is it just the volume? I like to play metal, punk, and alt rock/classic rock. If you have any other suggestions that would be great as well. Also, I'm kinda strapped for cash, so i'm leaning toward the 30. Thanks for your help..
30 may not be enough, I'd say save up for the 60. And I think the 60 has a higher distortion setting than the 30. But either are extremely good choices.
Dickless.
I have only played the 60 but i can tell you that it has more than enough volume to be heard over even the loudest drummer so i'd imagine that the 30 should be loud enough
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Are the cube's better than valvetronix's?
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Quote by mikb
Are the cube's better than valvetronix's?

i think they are better for metal and such. but the valvetronix have better allaround tone, and you can always buy a pedal for move distortion.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Cool. So my boss metalzone pedal should pair up nicely with my soon to be new ad120vt.
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
yeah
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Quote by Bossman123
I have only played the 60 but i can tell you that it has more than enough volume to be heard over even the loudest drummer so i'd imagine that the 30 should be loud enough

I dont know about that one there chief. It may be loud enough, but it more than likely will sound like crap when being pushed that hard. And Ive heard some hard hittin drummers.
Quote by mikb
Cool. So my boss metalzone pedal should pair up nicely with my soon to be new ad120vt.

No. IMO distortion pedals+modeling amps= (99.99% of the time) are a big
i never like my cube 60 turned up to anything like loud volumes and i thought the low end was never tight and chunky enough for palm muted type stuff. but overall a good amp. Much better though in my humble opinion is the peavey bandit II, keeps decent tone for solid state at higher volumes then the cube 60 and is almost just as versatile with many different voicings and settings. Very clean clean channel aswell. Best solid state practice amp i ahve played and at 80 watts its great for bedroom playing and band playing. It has no headphone socket though! not a proble mfor me but for others it might be.
^ that extra 20 watts helps a bit too. The main difference between the Bandit and the Cube is that the Bandit is analog *SS* while the Cube is digital. So the Bandit will sound better at higher volumes.
hey bîtch, get a Randall that's around 200bucks they have 30 watts for like 160 bucks, and by the way your band sucks since you "had" a vox 15 watt amp. you must not be into guitar or havn't played for a long time
Quote by I AM JE§US
hey bîtch, get a Randall that's around 200bucks they have 30 watts for like 160 bucks, and by the way your band sucks since you "had" a vox 15 watt amp. you must not be into guitar or havn't played for a long time

Silly Sep '06er. When will they learn not to flame? Ugh, I guess I'll just have to reportinate you. Anyhoo, go for the 60 if you can. Trust me, you'll like the extra wattage later.