People say that guitars on packs are crappy, does this means the models are crappy or the guitar itself?, I mean... are the pack guitars worst than an alone guitar even if it's the same model?
Quote by Stygian Sins
I would stay away from guitar packs.. Plus you dont need all the crap it comes with..

you mean like strings picks and a strap
Dickless.
Buying a guitar pack is only reasonable for just starting to play guitar. The ONLY reason.
Yup, guitar packs usually consist of: 1) a really crappy guitar knockoff. 2) a really horrible 15w amp, 3) and a super uncomfortable strap. and they are usually over priced

but yeah if u get a epiphone guitar pack dont compare the guitar u get then to other epiphones
Behringer V-tone GM108
Epiphone SG
Quote by MetalMilitia212
you mean like strings picks and a strap

No I mean books, CDs, and hats.. And all that stupid ****
what I want to know is, for example: is a Epiphone LP Special II better than an on pack Epiphone LP Special II?
if your just starting it dosnt make since to buy a 1500 guitar u may not even like playing.
Quote by Kdub
Buying a guitar pack is only reasonable for just starting to play guitar. The ONLY reason.
Yup, guitar packs usually consist of: 1) a really crappy guitar knockoff. 2) a really horrible 15w amp, 3) and a super uncomfortable strap. and they are usually over priced

but yeah if u get a epiphone guitar pack dont compare the guitar u get then to other epiphones

^lol, I know I have the same crappy v-tone.+1 to that comment
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Quote by Stygian Sins
No I mean books, CDs, and hats.. And all that stupid ****

ONly ones I've saw were fairly useful. Like the Warlock BC Rich pack. It comes with a low quality Warlock, 10 or 15 watt amp, strings, tuner, basic chord book, picks, strap, and maybe one other thing to help you out.

They are REALLY good for STARTERS. Hence STARTER PACK. Stop bashing them for being crap, I'm pretty sure unless you either saved money, have rich parents, or inherit cool guitars, you had crap for start too. It's not THAT uncommon.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Get the ESP starter pack. It's sexy and has humbuckers. FUUUUUUUUUCK single coils.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
No, don't
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
No, the guitar that comes in a starter pack, like the Epiphone Les Paul Special II you mentioned is no different from the regular version of the guitar.

Personally, I suggest you go for something a little nicer. For the same $150 you can get a Washburn WI14, which is a great guitar. Or, for the same $150 you could get a decent Squier that will be worth upgrading later.

The problem with the Epi LP Special II is that it's made of multiple laminates of wood - basically plywood. It doesn't sound very good because of that reason. It would be fine if you're an absolute beginner, but after 6 months or so you'll want to upgrade.

One last thing, I'd recommend that you DO NOT buy a starter pack. Usually you can get better stuff for about the same price, and it will be stuff you can use for years.

I'd recommend this for a starter setup;

Washburn WI14/Nice Squier
Vox AD15VT amp
A strap you actually like
Picks that are actually good
And a REAL guitar cable that won't crap out on you in a couple days.

The total should come to around $300, which I believe is only $50 more than the Epi LP Special II starter pack. And this stuff will last you. Either guitar is worth upgrading and playing for years, the amp will always be a great practice amp, and the cable will last for years as well if you take care of it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
No problem. Glad I could help.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Good starting setup
- Ibanez GRX40 (just the guitar)
- Yamaha Pacifica
- Roland microcube/Cube 30
- Vox 5w/AD15VT

Basically, if you wish to get a starter pack, then i'd suggest you go with the Ibanez IJX40, its includes a 15W amp which is better than the last one. Also included are DVD from Paul for starters and a lot of other decent stuff.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic