Hi i recently bought this amp and have two questions about it as its my first valve amp.

1) I know i need to leave the amp on standby for about 2 or 3 minutes before i turn it on, but do i need to put it back into standby for 2 to 3 minutes before i turn it off?

2) How long can i safely leave the amp on standby for?

Thanks
1) No you don't need to you can just turn the power straight off.

2) I'm not sure but as long as you would play it for. Not days but a good while, it still wears out the tubes though
Quote by dwally89
Hi i recently bought this amp and have two questions about it as its my first valve amp.

1) I know i need to leave the amp on standby for about 2 or 3 minutes before i turn it on, but do i need to put it back into standby for 2 to 3 minutes before i turn it off?

2) How long can i safely leave the amp on standby for?

Thanks

1) 2-3 minutes is optimum. 45 seconds-1 minute is ok too. Turn the amp's standby ON before you turn the master on/off switch off. You dont have to wait or anything just sometimes if you switch the main power switch off first it goes "POP!!" lol

2) Well any time your amp is on its wearing out tube life. When I was playing shows Id turn my amp on half-hour/45 minutes before we went on. Just dont leave it on over-night or while youre on vacation lol.
you can just turn it straight off anyway, it doesn't harm the amp..
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
ha ha mine was cranked yesterday and i went to turn it off but accidently hit the volume control on my guitar so i got smashed with a low d string and then swtched it off and got hit with a pop.

it was scary as hell. i usually just put i on standby anyway so its there when i go to turn it back on.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel