I was just wondering what everyone thought about Damian Marley (and yes he is Bob Marley's son). I just bought a cd of his called "Welcome to Jamrock". It is reggae (obviously) and I think its pretty good, though it doesnt beat Bob Marley by a long shot...My favourite song on the CD is called Road to Zion. Listen to Damian Marley and tell me what you think...

Last edited by guy05 at Sep 9, 2006,
I liked the single- havnt heard the rest yet though.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
yea its a good cd, i like the first song a lot for some reason
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
I like Welcome to Jamrcok, haven't heard much else though.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

yea I saw him at Coachella a while ago and he was awesome.... hahaha... reminds that he had some guy on stage just waive the Jamaican flag all throughout the set.

His cd is really good too.
i love Damian Marley. Welcome to Jamrock is a great album. Halfway Tree and Mr. Marley are both awesome too. i really want to see him live. i know someone who did, and they said he was awesome.
Ive only heard that one single thats out, but i love it. Im not big on reggae but for some reason, this one is just so good.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by StuartR
Is it not more like Dancehall or hip-pop than real reggae?

its reggaeton, its a mix of hip-hop, reggae, house and a bunch of other genres
kinda like fusion jazz
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Oh god, I absolutly hate reggaeton. Well you've saved me listening to it, you for got to mention the Latin influence though which is one of the main features but no worries.
Quote by StuartR
Oh god, I absolutly hate reggaeton. Well you've saved me listening to it, you for got to mention the Latin influence though which is one of the main features but no worries.

It's not THAT reggaeton. It's reggae with some hip hop thrown in.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I saw the music video for the song he did with Nas, seemed pretty sweet.. its definitely not reggaeton...

I agree with StuartR.. I like to hear a snippet of it every 2 months maximum... sadly where I used to live till recently, it was all the rage.... horrible horrible...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
bump

Damian needs more love. its been a while since ive bought welcome to jamrock, and its still an amazing album.
Damian Marley isn't reggeaton... it's just hip-hop influenced reggae.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

i love damian marley! welcome to jamrock is great...and his two brothers, ziggy and stephen (who has recently released his first album "mind control" this year) are amazing too!
has anyone listened to all of Stephen's album? ive only heard Traffic Jam, and i was wondering if the rest of the album is similar or not.
Quote by Hpda5121
its reggaeton, its a mix of hip-hop, reggae, house and a bunch of other genres
kinda like fusion jazz

lmao thats not reggaeton. reggaeton is like daddy yankee ....
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile