hi

i am looking at upgrading my ****e marshall mg 30dfx to a tube head or combo. i have about £300-£400 = $700-800 ruffley. i play allot of meatal and rock and like to play cleen sometimes so i need a amp wich can do both but moastley metal. i have been looking at buying a ashdown fallen angel dsp 60 head and cab but now i not to shure if a half stack is nessersery.i have just steartrd in a new band and looking to do some gigs so i woant a amp that will last.

please hellp
crate blue voodoo 120w is like 800$ and its great.
that being said almost any other crate sucks so watch out. There are a bunch of good tube amps for around 800$ though, so you might wanna also get other peoples opinions
Valvetronix ad120vt or ad100vt if you don't want to save up more. the ad120vt has mroe amp models and effects but costs about £500
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
save up a lil more and get urself a hughes and kettner trilogy head, they are about $1300 american new or maybe u can find a used one in ur price range.
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Not really. Just get a Peavey XXX or a Peavey 5150 used.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
dose any one know if the ashdown fallan angel dsp60 is any good ??????
Last edited by tiny0514 at Sep 11, 2006,
What type of music do you play?

I Hear it's a pretty good High-Gain amp for the price
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by malmsteenkid
save up a lil more and get urself a hughes and kettner trilogy head, they are about $1300 american new or maybe u can find a used one in ur price range.

ageed those amps own
Quote by rocknrollgod
ageed those amps own

ageed?! AAHHH!!!

lol jk. had to.

...i forgot what I was going to say...
marshal dsl401, ashdown fallen angel 40 watt combo, randall rg50tc. those are the main contenders, which can do metal (there are others, but they're more vintage in tone). up to you, try them and buy your favourite.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 12, 2006,
^+1 you're best going for a combo instead of a stack, for that money you arent gonna get a great quality stack that will last.
used mesa F30 will be loud enough for most gigs if it isnt just mic it
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
^ i doubt you'd get even a used f30 for that price over here- they go for at least £900 new...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
whith the mony i have to spend should i get a amp whith tubes of shuld i get a solid state amp ?
Last edited by tiny0514 at Sep 12, 2006,
^^ you just have to try the tube, and then the solid state, amps in your price range and decide- and also be sensible and decide how loud you can realistically play it, as tube amps will pretty much, more than likely, own the solid states at gigging volumes, but if you're only playing in your bedroom on the 14th floor of an apartment block with paper-thin walls...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?