Right i've been doin this band thing with couple mates of mine for a couple months now (drummer and couple guitarists, me on bass) and at our last practice thed rummers stepdad comes to us and says that if we get 10 songs together (atleast) then we can have a gig at christmas (his son runs some company or something in my town), if we can't for christmas then we go for easter, play then.

So we chose a list of nice easy songs to play and I was wondering what all you guys here thought of it all:
just a day,
basket case,
pinball wizard,
highway to hell,
blitzkrieg bop,
smooth criminal,
suck my kiss,
smells like teen spirit,
we will rock you, (long as one of the guitars can get the solo down)
living on a prayer,
pretty fly,
don't fear the reaper, (can anyone tell me who this is by?)
song 2,
white wedding, (and this one)
paranoid

We just went for easy/pretty easy one sthat we thought quite a few people should know, waddya think? Anymore you guys can think of? We got around an hour for our set, in 2 half an hour blocks.
Last edited by chocolateman900 at Sep 9, 2006,
I think it's a pretty good mix, although I would recommend dropping Smells Like Teen Spirit. I've never seen a band cover that song while making it sound good at the same time.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Don't Fear the Reaper is by Blue Oyster Cult.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

If you can do the lead, Johnny B Goode is a fantastic song.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
White Wedding is by Billy ****ing Idol. He's aweomse.

I'd recommend a Beatles song. Day Tripper, or Twist and Shout are good suggestions that I have.

Some CCR would also be a good idea. Fortunate Son, Bad moon Rising, would be good ideas. If you need to fill some time you could always cover, I heard it through the Grapevine.. that's nearly 10 minutes.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.