they are really unknown over here in the states, but they make some really good music. they are one of the only electronica bands i can tolerate, only because they really redefine the genre. incubus has covered their songs a few times, i can imagine those would sound so cool. my favorite tracks are "teardrop" and "Antistar". any other fans?
I've got a few songs on my computer. I like 'em, but at the moment I don't find them anything special. I actually thought they have a fair share of fame here in the US?
theyr big here in the uk and ireland, but theyve dissapeared recently its not really my type of music, they have afew good beats but nothin to draw me to them
I really like 'eye against eye' with Mos Def and also 'Angel'- which was used in 'Snatch'.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
their song teardrop is on "House".
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Everyone should own a copy of Mezzanine

full.stop
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
Great stuff. My favorite Massive Attack song is What Your Soul Sings from 100th Window. It's the only Massive Attack song that rivals Portishead in terms of emotional intensity imho, courtesy of the wonderfully afflicted Sinead O'Connor. It's truly a beautiful song.
I stil can't find any of their records anywhere.

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
The "Blue Lines" and "Mezzanine" are must have CDs I listen to MA or Portishead when ever I need to relax. Favorite song by Massive Attack is a very difficult to choose ,there are simply too many to name.

I heard that in 2007 they are going back into the studio-great news.
they're coming to the Hollywood Bowl in a couple of weeks with TV on the Radio. i'm seriously considering heading out there. i just need the cash and an all day bus pass....
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by las7

I heard that in 2007 they are going back into the studio-great news.

Huzzah!
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
yeah teardrop on house is how i found out about them. good stuff. that show kicks ass
I think their one of the great acts live ,I have seen them once and I wouldnt mind seeing them again. Great atmoshere, great show ,their songs sound better live with a live band, then the studio versions.
"Risingson" is a great song that I overlooked until I heard it live.
I have Blue Lines on my computer and Mezzanine on cd. I have to admit I prefer Mezzanine, its darker and moodier. My favourite songs, I think, are the first six tracks on Mezzanine- Angel, Risingson, Teardrop, Inertia Creeps, Exchange and Dissolved Girl.

I can't believe im the first person in the thread to say this:

UNFINISHED SYMPATHY = PWNAGE!

BTW does anyone have any recommendations about similar stuff to get? Im guessing Portishead, Tricky, and early Hooverphonic...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Last edited by raise_the_dead at Sep 17, 2006,
Quote by balltounge
Everyone should own a copy of Mezzanine

full.stop

exactly.
'disolved girl' is amazing i think. love massive attack =D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
massive attack are legendary. Definatly one if no the best trip hop sorta instrumental electronic soul there is. buy the colledted album, you will not be dissapointed. Also check out portishead and Leftfield. Teardrop is a masterpiece
time for heroes
Blue Lines and Mezzanine are absolutely unbelievably good albums. Very influential too. One of my favourite albums of the 90's, of any genre.

Agreed with the guy that said Portishead, Leftfield, Slowdive, later Radiohead, Boards of Canada, DJ Shadow, Aphex Twin etc.

Then tell me electronica is soulless so I can relieve you of your clearly malfunctioning eardrums
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
i bought 100th window on amazon last week, and it came in today and the end is all scratched. the track "name taken" doesn't play well at all.
thanks to raise_the_dead I came to own some Massive Attack, and I haven't stopped listening to them since I got the albums. Namely, Blue Line and Protection

edit: I'm not sure of its legality on the boards, but I"m sure some kind people will be able to pm you the link for it

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
yeah man they're great and they put me to sleep( not that they're boring) the deep bass and rythms are so awsome. my favorite songs are rinsingson, dissolved girl, I am home, and End titles