i recently bought an Ibanez RG370DX. it has an ibanez floating tremelo bridge. is it good to tune the guitar to drop c with it??? ive gone to drop d but im afraid going lower with all the strings might mess up the bridge...help?
You might have to adjust the floyd if you droptune. Getting fatter strings could balance this out however.
I've got that guitar, to be honest you should have saved your money Yeah you can get it to goto Drop C, you'll have to set it up for that.. but first get heavier strings My 370DX has been sanded down and is in pieces atm (unfinished project)
Put some 12's on it, and if you can't get it to downtune and keep the bridge flush, then you have to loosen the screws that hold the springs in place. Just make sure you only do it half turns at a time.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
shouldnt be too hard to adjust....or too long.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
I dont recommend you put too much tension on the bridge, its not made out of good material you know. I'd recommend you put at least 10s or 11s and see whether the trem is stiffer than a normal tuning with 9s in 'em. Also, you might need to adjust your intonation/action/neck relief later on.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madmk
I've got that guitar, to be honest you should have saved your money Yeah you can get it to goto Drop C, you'll have to set it up for that.. but first get heavier strings My 370DX has been sanded down and is in pieces atm (unfinished project)

ive only been playing year and a half...it costed $477 with tax thats enough..

btw thanks guys for the help