I'm going to be making a guitar with 36 frets and 1 humbucker, with the highest frets on the lower strings shaped off, as shown in the picture, only with a string through bridge. Just wondering if anyone has any sound clips or anything?

Heres a picture of what itd look like: http://www.shamray.ru/show.php?id=61
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Like a normal guitar i guess, except higher pitched at the higher frets. The amount of frets won't affect the tone
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
nop but i think its a gimmick kinda deal cuz ure never get ure fingers into the higher frets or find a song that uses a 36 fret guitar
Quote by Frankie27
nop but i think its a gimmick kinda deal cuz ure never get ure fingers into the higher frets or find a song that uses a 36 fret guitar
what about doing your own stuff? or higher-end piano on guitar?

it just sounds like a guitar with a neck humbucker that can go pretty high
Quote by Frankie27

you can always use the higher frets for tapping and yeah im making it , so i can make the cutaway however big i want it to.. probably around the 30th fret
Larrivée D-03R
what strings will you use???

edit: those higher frets look completeley useless.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Innit
Maybe an issue with the really high frets might be that they are so crammed together at the end that not much sound wii come out of them...

thats a pretty good point..but otherwise i think itll sound really cool
PM me for
Quote by hamish5178
what strings will you use???

edit: those higher frets look completeley useless.

I use dean markley lights 9-42 and yeah i might use those just as well on the 36 fret guitar
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by mEtAlORc
I use dean markley lights 9-42 and yeah i might use those just as well on the 36 fret guitar

but would they be long enough?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178
but would they be long enough?
yes, the scale length id the same as standard guitars.
so the frets are uber tiny?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

Quote by hamish5178
so the frets are uber tiny?

yup! well one fret has to be a certain distance from the next fret so it doesn't produce the same sound
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
this seems like a good guitar to check out http://www.conklinguitars.com/potm/index.html

yeah they dont got any sound clips :S im lookin for sound clips cus i dont know what just 1 humbucker would sound like, which is what im putting in mine.
Larrivée D-03R
I don't know what the point of making that is, unless your fingers are the size of a tooth pick.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Iono, harmonics maybe?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
you can get harmonics way up there anyways. there's absolutely no way you could get your fingers into those frets.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
you can get harmonics way up there anyways. there's absolutely no way you could get your fingers into those frets.

like others have said, your finger doesnt have to fit in the fret, it has to "float" over it to produce the sound :P, which is also kind of common sense, the remedy to your stubbornness :P

and yeah you can use them for tapping
Larrivée D-03R
My old guitar teacher had a guitar like that. I think it was a Washburn. It was hard to play the higher frets, and farily unnesesary, but it looked kinda cool.
but I did play a 31 fret guitar, though.

it had massive cutaways, and sounded neat...
Could you make it a fretless guitar or fretless on the upper frets so it's easy to play the high frets?
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Quote by CanadianLoonie
Could you make it a fretless guitar or fretless on the upper frets so it's easy to play the high frets?

thatd be even harder to play cause theres so much more discrepancy in pitch when the string gets that short, so its alot harder than playing like a fretless bass.
oh, and Dragonforce use whammy pedals to alter the pitch up an octave, so I've heard.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ummm pick tapping would be the only use imio for all those upper frets

who needs 27 frets anyway? let alone 36
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
who needs 27 frets anyway? let alone 36

hey mate cmon no personal remarks here mate just cause i like to use 27 frets so does Mattias IA Eklundh and he produces some of the craziest sounds ever. now with 36 you just given up your neck and middle pickup which really sucks so no your going to be coil splitting your bridge hummie for more cleaner sounds if you want that
Quote by azn_guitarist25
hey mate cmon no personal remarks here mate just cause i like to use 27 frets so does Mattias IA Eklundh and he produces some of the craziest sounds ever. now with 36 you just given up your neck and middle pickup which really sucks so no your going to be coil splitting your bridge hummie for more cleaner sounds if you want that

just messin lmao mattias rules
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ScottishAngus
just messin lmao mattias rules

hell yes i want him to come to perth so i can see him live and see all his techniques