Yesterday, I was really lucky and found Suffocation's first album in Best Buy for $11.99. However, I'm really pissed off. The only stores I have around me are stuff like Best Buy, Virgin Megastore, Tower Records, K-Mart, and Circuit City. I seriously need to find a place to buy some freakin' metal cds. All Best Buy and those stores have to offer are freakin' Hawthorn Hights and My Chemical Penis. I wanted to get all the CDs from Darkane today, but I called about 7 different stores and no store has any album from them. I cant buy stuff from the internet cuz I have no credit card and my parents wont use theirs. Downloading sucks because I like the booklet, case, and imagery and stuff. So what I'm asking is...does anyone know where to buy some freakin' metal CDs in the Manhattan area of New York Fuckin' City?
FUCK
Manhattan? There's got to be a billion CD stores there. Try the yellow pages.

If i can find decent metal in my 100,000 person town, you sure can.
Mail order.

Find a distro in Malaysia/Poland, put cash in envelope, send, wait for months and pray you'll get a package that hasn't been soaked with water and/or smashed.
I buy most of my CD's from Best Buy, and Sam Goody (they have really good cd's there, really hard-to-find ones, but then again, it just might be the one in our area). It's expensive if you buy it from the mall. 18 dollars for an Opeth CD? But I guess its worth it in some situations.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
well I looked in the yellow pages and didnt find anything...I wouldnt risk mail order...theres no sam goody around me....and... the mall where I live doesnt sell any cds
FUCK
you need to try hastings.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Amazon? You live in New York, are you shopping at wal mart or something? Like has been said before there is probably dozens of cd shops there.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Try a local store. Places will take in used stuff but they sell just like new. Usually downtown. I'm not talking about pawn shops though.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Quote by morbid_death
lol.

no credit card = little to no [good] metal

I'll second that.
My only local record store is Best Buy. They have no black metal except Emperor's ITNE (already own it) and their death and power metal selection is about the same quality.

But they do have plenty of Hatebreed's new album (there is 6 boxes sitting under the ones already on the shelf)
Quote by grimreaper65
Manhattan? There's got to be a billion CD stores there. Try the yellow pages.

If i can find decent metal in my 100,000 person town, you sure can.

Nah he's got a point... I read an article in a magazine the other week about New York cd stores not carrying 'special interest' cds/records anymore because of the iTunes explosion... Sorry to burst your bubble dude... But you're gonna have to go for a walk to get some records.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
a debit card is going to be your best bet actually. cuz online you can get anything,
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by twentyextysixx
Nah he's got a point... I read an article in a magazine the other week about New York cd stores not carrying 'special interest' cds/records anymore because of the iTunes explosion... Sorry to burst your bubble dude... But you're gonna have to go for a walk to get some records.

there has to be some decent cd shops in new york city...
Read my post. Not this.
Tower Records?
The one around Fullerton California (far away, but still)
had almost every Metal CD I could Think of,
from Circle of Dead Children, to Jag Panzer and everything in between...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Virgin Megastores usually have good stock. Especially in Manhattan. Just look around the city. Manhattan's Metal scene > a lot of other scenes.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Here's an idea.

Quit listening to metal and start listening to accordion music.
Or you can compromise and listen to accordion metal.
When I went to Manhattan I found an awesome record store in Greenwich Village, Record Runner, the address is:

Record Runner 5 Jones Street
(bet. Bleecker & W. 4th Sts.)
(212) 255-4280

Its very cheap, got some rare bootlegs and demos, and a whole floor of Vinyl and posters.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
When I went to Manhattan I found an awesome record store in Greenwich Village, Record Runner, the address is:

Record Runner 5 Jones Street
(bet. Bleecker & W. 4th Sts.)
(212) 255-4280

Its very cheap, got some rare bootlegs and demos, and a whole floor of Vinyl and posters.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
FUCK
Best place here: Borders
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?
Coconuts actually has a really good selection of metal albums. Like they have a whole metal sectiond. Other good places are the Virgin Megastores and some of the FYE stores.
i get most of mine at FYE. morbid angel, cannibal corspe and old nile were there. im imagine tower records would be better though.
Quote by sicformyage
best buy in america... they got the new iron maiden cd

Gr1m.

Btw, Record Runner isn't just a metal store, but it has a good amount of stuff.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.