Peavey ValveKing 100 Head
Peavey ValveKing 412 Slant
Peavey ValveKing Footswitch
Boss Wah
Boss Chorus
Boss Overdrive
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Ibanez AXS32TKF

would this be good? and how are the valve kings? what should i add to this? what brands should i use? I play: Emo, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Thrash Metal (instrumentals), 80's Metal (instrumentals) thanks guys!
Last edited by Arlabester at Sep 9, 2006,
Get a Boss Overdrive instead of distortion.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Quote by BobFromReboot
Get a Boss Overdrive instead of distortion.

does the valveking have distortion (damn that sounds n00bish)
well at least if your getting the valveking get a overdrive pedal, but you dont deserve it you emo freak.
Gear

Esp Ex-400BD
Jackson ps1
Dimebag crybaby from hell
Boss NS-2
Peavey xxx super 40 efx
Quote by dark lightning
well at least if your getting the valveking get a overdrive pedal, but you dont deserve it you emo freak.

im not an emo, i just like MCR!
I'm not sure on the Valveking. First, a 50w combo should be PLENTY loud unless you plan on playing stadiums unmic'd. The 50w version is only like $400.

I've heard mixed reviews on them, and haven't tried one myself, so I can't really say if it's good or bad. It is tube though...

What's your current amp?

Now, for the pedals, I'm not really a fan of any of them. Look at Dunlop Wah pedals (I like the plain ol' Crybaby myself), an Ibanez Tube Screamer for overdrive, and an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus.

And the guitars are both good as long as you like them.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
I'm not sure on the Valveking. First, a 50w combo should be PLENTY loud unless you plan on playing stadiums unmic'd. The 50w version is only like $400.

I've heard mixed reviews on them, and haven't tried one myself, so I can't really say if it's good or bad. It is tube though...

What's your current amp?

Now, for the pedals, I'm not really a fan of any of them. Look at Dunlop Wah pedals (I like the plain ol' Crybaby myself), an Ibanez Tube Screamer for overdrive, and an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus.

And the guitars are both good as long as you like them.

xenn you need to be a goddamn moderator already! i have a spider II could you recommend a amp for places like the starland ballroom? or lol a bar, or ROFL school gym
Hm...a 50w combo should be fine for any of those. They would all have a P.A. System, so you could easily mic a combo amp if you had to. And, with a combo, you won't have to lug around a 90+ pound cab.

As for specific models, I'm not sure. Ask over on GG&A.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Hm...a 50w combo should be fine for any of those. They would all have a P.A. System, so you could easily mic a combo amp if you had to. And, with a combo, you won't have to lug around a 90+ pound cab.

As for specific models, I'm not sure. Ask over on GG&A.

im goin to my music shop for a lesson in two days, so i'll try out amps, they have a whole room of 50w amps WOOT WOOT! anyway, i have a lotta savin

i need ONE brand for pedals, the power supply'll get all messed up if i dont im pretty sure im just gonna use fenders, single coils dont bother me
^Batteries work fine. The pedals I recommended are MUCH better. Boss pedals are *ok,* but there are a lot of pedals that blow them out of the water.

I wouldn't worry about a powersupply. At the worst, you'll have to use a battery for a pedal or two. I'm pretty sure you can get daisy chains that will let you hook up different pedals like that though.

And yes, definetly try out as many amps as possible. Don't limit yourself to *just* 50w combos either. Try anything you can.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Batteries work fine. The pedals I recommended are MUCH better. Boss pedals are *ok,* but there are a lot of pedals that blow them out of the water.

I wouldn't worry about a powersupply. At the worst, you'll have to use a battery for a pedal or two. I'm pretty sure you can get daisy chains that will let you hook up different pedals like that though.

And yes, definetly try out as many amps as possible. Don't limit yourself to *just* 50w combos either. Try anything you can.

thanks xenn! ill be sure to try your pedals, and some at the music shop!
BTW i personnaly would go for a crate bluevoodoo or vfx for a tube amp. i tried out the peaveys and it would be my second choice to crate.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !