Alright im trying to record my tube halfstack, but its just too loud to crank up and get the good tube tone. Its a B-52 AT-100 head with the B-52 4x12. I have a book on home recording that says you can disconnect all but one speaker to reduce the volume but still crank up my amp. The cab speakers are 120 watts each, the head is 100 watts, switchable to 4, 8, or 16 Ohms. Im pretty sure im ok and im not gonna hurt the one speaker, just wanted to clarify if anyone knows for sure I will be alright.
remove some power tubes from the amp. that magazine is ****ing stupid. it'll still be just as loud 'cept with more speaker breakup, not tube break up.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
remove power tubes = removes power essentially.

just pull out 2 of the power tubes and it'll have only 2/3 of the original wattage, so it'd have 70 watts.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
it'd cut down to 50 watts then.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I have the same amp. You can't get that "tube tone" tone at bedroom levels, but you can get it to sound pretty damn good. Crank the Preamp volume and play with the gain. You won't get power tube overdrive though.

Maybe buy an attenuator?
An attenuator goes in between the amp and the speaker cab. It turns the powered signal into heat or something. It makes it so you can get that pushed tube sound but at low volumes. Some are said to suck tone a little. I have never used one though. Check THD Hotplate and Weber Mass attenuators. They seem to be the most talked about.
DONT remove tubes yadda yadda yadda just get an attenuator
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
buy a damn attenuator
i dont want you to **** up your amp
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310