Ok, so I posted this already in Electric Guitar and it got 21 views and NO posts. So I am postin it here. Dont ban me please, I really need to know this.

What pickups are in Kenny Wayne Shepherds guitar shown in the picture below??

To me, they kinda look like Telecaster Neck Pickups. What are yalls thoughts??
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Thats what I thought too...Man this concert was AWESOME...I went to it last night. I dont understand why he takes so much flak for being an SRV wannabe. He is a great guy and a kickass guitar player.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
There Seymour duncan lipstick pickups.

Hes modelling that guitar off of SRV's Charlie which used Danelectro lipstick pickups. They are known for there incredible clean sound.

And Kenny Wayne Shepherd is incredible. Im a big fan and have all of his CD's. And his shows are incredible. His cover of Voodoo Child is so awesome.

EDIT: Heres a picture of SRV's guitar that he based it off of. Someday I hope to build a replica. And get the same strap KWS is using.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Last edited by IrishBlues at Sep 9, 2006,
Thanks a million IrishBlues. Now I just need to impress my dad enough to have him buy me a Fender and these pickups. He said that if I really buckle down on guitar, he would buy me a Fender Strat.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Sweet, good luck with that.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
He takes so much flak for being a SRV copy just because he is a SRV copy and why you would want to see SRV a man who change modern blues be completly copied is beyond me, yeah SRV was great and all but we gotta move one because music is a progression that usually has to go back in time once in awhile to move forward so why don't you go by a copy of a Son House record or Blind Lemon Jefferson and you'll understand why the blues and soul music is what it is today under the names of Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, and the rest of the current Allman Brothers Band, oh yeah and my local favorite Shane Pruitt. Also look at some good jazz musicians like Kenny Burrell and good ol' Wes M. to find some bluesy roots in a jazz and be inspired. Music for the world, let's be unique, why be carbon copies of what you can listen to every day?
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Quote by VR2005
He takes so much flak for being a SRV copy just because he is a SRV copy and why you would want to see SRV a man who change modern blues be completly copied is beyond me, yeah SRV was great and all but we gotta move one because music is a progression that usually has to go back in time once in awhile to move forward so why don't you go by a copy of a Son House record or Blind Lemon Jefferson and you'll understand why the blues and soul music is what it is today under the names of Derek Trucks, Warren Haynes, and the rest of the current Allman Brothers Band, oh yeah and my local favorite Shane Pruitt. Also look at some good jazz musicians like Kenny Burrell and good ol' Wes M. to find some bluesy roots in a jazz and be inspired. Music for the world, let's be unique, why be carbon copies of what you can listen to every day?

well said
^*high five* it's been awhile since i've had a good rant.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7