I really think they do. that's why i made this thread. i want to know if they influenced you or any other bands that you know of. if you think this thread sucks, please go easy on me. im 14 .
You can clearly hear the influence in todays......."music".
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Nirvana opened the door for every rock band since. They knocked Jacko off the charts.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
absolutely- even if you hate them, you have to admit that some of their style is definitely in a lot of music today

i hope that takes care of what a bunch of idiots are going to say after me...
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
**** yes..i swear to god ive heard many songs based on the one nirvana song, (cant reemember to damn name), but anyways it goes "We can plant a house, we can build a tree, i dont even care, we can do all three"
it would be pretty hard to agrue otherwise, in one way its great because it killed the exess of crappy eighties bands that copied each other, (that scene was in a sorry state of affairs), but in a very bad way we have all these crappy post grunge bands like seether and stuff making simple music without the sincerity of nirvana
Quote by Épiphone
**** yes..i swear to god ive heard many songs based on the one nirvana song, (cant reemember to damn name), but anyways it goes "We can plant a house, we can build a tree, i dont even care, we can do all three"

that songs called breed
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
i dont think influenced is a strong enuf word, todays "music" is mad up of a bunch mini nirvana's that all think there the sh*t , but in reality the mastered [power]cord progressions, and screaming off key, and being carbon copys of every other pop band out there!

ANTI-POP!

ps...not to say nirvana was'nt good, cuz i love them, but we dont need 2000 nirvanas.
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
i hope not.....lol, i think they have unfortunately. but i do also believe that we are startgin to break away from the simple, dumbed down stuff. maybe not in mainstream so much yet, but its happening.
Member #17 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

"Hey man, did you jus kill that guy?!?!"
"No, i jus shot him, the bullet killed him."
Of course they have.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
they have influenced everyone though.... everyone from 1991 onwards in some way. just like Chuck Berry etc influenced everyone in some way from the '50's onwards. Like it or not your all influenced in some way by people like these
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
Quote by gwitersnamps
Nirvana opened the door for every rock band since. They knocked Jacko off the charts.

Uh huh they certainly did.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
nirvana was great. kurt had a unique vocal style, and was pretty much a master of the pixies loud / soft dynamic changes and catchy pop hooks.
the problem is that whiney wanna-be punk bands try to copy the guitar parts, and people who can't actually sing try to copy the vocal style, but end up sounding like ****.

i think nirvana was great though. kurts work definately isn't overrated, its just that he had a different style. example; for technique i'd straight away say some shredder. for emotion i'd say some bluesman. but he could do something that (in my opinion) only tony iommi could match him at. he could consistently write great, catchy riffs.
basically, he's not overrated, its just how most people think of the phrase "great guitarist"
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.