Hello UG. I recently purchased soem elixir acoustic strings, and I really do like them, and i was wondering (even though it';s a stupid question), do they make electric guitar strings as well? .10 gauge? Are they also the polyweb coated? Im just looking for some info, sicne I have to send my dad to pick them up, and he knows nothing.

Thanks for any help.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Why dont you like them?

Yeah they make electric strings, acoustic strings, and bass strings. You can choose between Nanoweb and Polyweb. As far as .010 gauge goes i dont know...I forgot lol.
Kurd, I said I did like them lol. and whatès the difference between nano and polyweb?

Quote by RadioHead22
nano is a thinner coating, that supposed to sound more like uncoated strings... polyweb is thicker, lasts a touch longer, and gets rid of things like finger hiss...

the one thing to think about with electric is that coated strings don't ground the circutry on your guitar like regulars do... so they cause a little extra hum...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by greendayguitar
Kurd, I said I did like them lol. and whatès the difference between nano and polyweb?

lmao oh I read wrong. oh well.

But yeah what musicman said. Both kinds feel/sound the same to me so I guess its whatever one you get...

Hmm..I'll just go with some more Earnie Ball Regular Slinkies until I can go in and have a look.

Quote by RadioHead22