Hey guys, I need a program for Windows that can slow down MP3's to make them easier to tab.

I read in another thread here that some people used "Slow Downer" -- my problem with this is that it can only slow down songs straight from the CD, so I would have to burn every MP3 I want to tab and then replay it on the CD

So anyone know one that can slow down just MP3/WAVs?

Thanks

Might as well label Slayer and At The Gates as "metalcore" while you're at it...
yeah with audacity you can speed up and slow down any mp3 without affecting the tone. it's pretty easy too. yeah, go with audacity.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
transcribe works too
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
i just downloaded audacity but how do you get it to slow down things.
sig space available!
Just use Windows Media Player.

Right click on the toolbar, vew>enhancements>play speed settings. You can get it to half speed, which should be plenty slow enough to tab anything.
in audacity, highlite the part you wanna slow down , go to effects and click on change speed
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"