How much gain do I need to do the intro w/o picking, and do I need a foot pedal to do it and if so what foot pedal?
Because it would kill you to tell us what amp you have, what guitar (mainly with what pickups). Why wouldn't you pick?

If you're stubborn and absolutely won't pick then it would help to have a compression / sustainer (even though Angus picks the notes then pulls off, try it and listen to it.).
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Angus picked the notes on the album version, but live he doesn't.

He does his signature one hand tapping thing he has got over there.
patrick stewart is awesome
the only live recording of him playing that is on AC/DC Live: Collector's Edition, and it is definitely picked. I don't know about the other shows though. Still, threadstarter, we can't help you until you at least tell us what amp you have.
How much? Turn the dial to approximately 970698713573210235.44

Oh and don't forget to drop your guitar 2 octaves so you get it heavy as fawk. And make sure you have a didgeridoo harmonizing, or it wont sound quite right.

No really ... how do you expect us to say when we don't have a clue on your amp, guitar etc.? Just work it out by trial and error either way, shouldn't be hard.
is there a place on the amp that it would say what type it is, I know its a fender though.
does it not say anything on the head where the knobs are?

edit: fender tube amps have great cleans, but I'm guessing you have a frontman, which in every case I've heard them, the Frontman series have been muddy and dirty, no matter what your settings. You should probably still put on a lot of gain, and the only pedal you might need (if you're gonna play without picking) would be a compression-sustainer like this to even out the notes.
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Sep 9, 2006,
ok, then just look at my edit in the post above.

edit: if you're thinking about the cs-3 I can't really tell you how good that one is. I do have the cs-2 though, and I don't know what I would do without it.
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Sep 9, 2006,
You need a knob called 'Angus Young', it helps you play like angus, otherwise you will never be as good as him and play any songs by him.
Invictious, I can already play Back In Black, You Shook Me All Night Long, T.N.T., Highway To Hell, Money Talks, and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Quote by eltyr18
Invictious, I can already play Back In Black, You Shook Me All Night Long, T.N.T., Highway To Hell, Money Talks, and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

Can you play I don't understand sarcasm baby too?
Quote by Daggorath
Can you play I don't understand sarcasm baby too?

yah, its the hardest song I know.
oh, You have the angus knob?
Damn....

Well he says his picks the intro, but I have seem him do a mixture of both, the picking is harder because it requires more coordination.
if you can play an E power chord, A power Chord, and a G power Chord, you have the angus knob :rockon:
Quote by Invictious
oh, You have the angus knob?
Damn....

Well he says his picks the intro, but I have seem him do a mixture of both, the picking is harder because it requires more coordination.

I've seen Angus's knob...

Sorry for not contributing to this thread.
lol ^

but anyway, i use the same gain and volume settings and all that good stuff that i do with any other AC/DC song i have the gain a little over halfway and the volume about 3/4 the way up, and i have a Schecter C-1 Elite , although i'm getting an Epi SG just to mod the hell outta the wiring electronics pickups and the like, figured it'd be fun, well, have fun with the song
you shouldnt Need that much distortion to get it to sound. when you pull off the string, pull your finger downwards slightly like you're doing a very small bend, then pop it off the string.
exactly what the guy above said frontmans suck for pulling off bud i have one and am getting a line 6 112 very soon. just juice up the gain and kinda bend
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Just for reference, on the Family Jewels DVD he doesn't pick it at all.
yah, I know he can do both, I find it easier to do it w/o picking, but I can't get my guitar to make it loud enough.
Quote by Danno13
Just for reference, on the Family Jewels DVD he doesn't pick it at all.

The family jewels version is the music video. If you look at it he isn't even playing the right notes sometimes, he's just making it look pretty because it is a music video whose audience is mainly non-guitar players.
Well it's just a music video, it's time to exaggerate all movements and everything.

Check out the video of through the fire and flames, you wil see the exageration used.

COol, I am making a MV later.