Would anyone here consider him a blues and/or jazz artist? After I saw the Grand Ole Opry tribute to him, I've been turned on to his music, and I've found alot of blues and jazz sounds to him, especially on Stormy Monday. Any one else here even like him?

If this is on the worng forum, please let a mod know so they can move it or close it, or whatever they want to do to it.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
i always thought of him as R&B, but he does have blues and jazz influences though
I agree with ledhead68, but im still a big fan. My favorite song is probably Mess Around.

Anyone see Ray the movie?

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
^yea, that was a really good movie, but first time i watched it i watched an extened version so it cut in and out randomly from the movie and extras, but jamie foxx did a really good job as Ray Charles
Did you watch the concert they did for him right before the debut of the movie?

I forget everyone that played but I remember B.B. King, Bruce Willis on Harmonica and somone else played together and it was really good.

Phish - Waste
Does this mean we can discuss Stevie Wonder too?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by IrishBlues
Did you watch the concert they did for him right before the debut of the movie?

I forget everyone that played but I remember B.B. King, Bruce Willis on Harmonica and somone else played together and it was really good.

no, i had to return it, was that in the extras?
Quote by ledhed68
no, i had to return it, was that in the extras?

Im not sure I saw it on I think BET.

Phish - Waste
Quote by ufossuck
Does this mean we can discuss Stevie Wonder too?

ooh... that's harsh. come on, georgia on my mind is pretty jazzy/bluesy. Still R&B I guess, but it's still a great song.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Ray Charles was admittably damned good, but I haven't liked much of what I've heard. I haven't heard much. I like the song "What'd I Say," what other songs are like that.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
^hit the road jack, mess around, i got a woman, georgia on my mind are the most popular
Those are some of his best IMO too. I like just about everything he played that I've got.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.