in music we're watching a movie about hendrix (surprisingly called "hendrix")
in one part of it, hendrix performs with a horn section, and does this kind of cluttered jazz improvisation thing, with a few instruments soloing over each other.
i went on wikipedia, but it doesn't say anywhere on there about a jazz album. but it says about a performance with a band called 'war', who played funk, jazz, reggae, etc.

is there some kind of recording available of all this?

and i thought i'd post this while i'm on the subject, even though this doesn't really have anything to do with blues and jazz.
how hendrix used a lot of feedback and made weird effects, everyone in the class was saying "that sounds ****." i was the only one in the class who actually liked all of it. we figured that its probably because i grew up listening to nirvana, and cobains 'noise jam' type things.
what are your thoughts on all the feedback?
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
he made statements with those feedback swells and such

remember most people are retarded toward guitar
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Well I don't know about a jazz album by hendrix but I would love it tough and feedback is one of those things that makes the electric guitar stand out as a instrument... I love it!
"Don't play what's there; play what's NOT there" - Miles Davis
Another video I watched said lots of Jazz musicians wanted to jam with Jimi and Jimi wanted to play with some other Jazz musicians so I'm sure they played together...

But I doubt an album was made because Michael Jeffery knew that you aren't going to make as much money with a Jazz album, so he tried to keep Jimi into Rock music.
I hoped this was about the clash...
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I love the way he plays with feedback
I wouldn't mind getting an album like that if I could find one.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Hendrix played with War? Come to think of it he was really good friends with Eric Burden, so it shouldn't be that suprising. Judging by people's posts so far, I'll conclude nobody knows who War was. Eric Burden of joined them after leaving The Animals and they had hits with "Spill the Wine" and "Lowrider."
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
Hendrix played with War? Come to think of it he was really good friends with Eric Burden, so it shouldn't be that suprising. Judging by people's posts so far, I'll conclude nobody knows who War was. Eric Burden of joined them after leaving The Animals and they had hits with "Spill the Wine" and "Lowrider."

Yeah actually, I have no idea who they are. Any good albums/songs you recomend?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
^ Low Rider! everyone knows the tune. duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh. duh duh-duh-duh-duh.

indeed.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Ha! Low...ride....uh.

Umm, doesn't surprise me. I heard Jimi was supposed to meet with Miles Davis, but his death kind of got in the way.

As for the feedback.... sometimes I like it. I'm not a big fan of the woodstock Star Spangled Banner, though. One of my favorite moments of feedback is probably in Nirvana's You Know You're Right (one of the few Nirvana songs I really enjoy).
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Ya from what I understand hendrix was influenced by a lot of the free jazz guys like coltrane, you can really hear it in some of his songs, and a lot of jazz guys also got off on hendrix, The great Miles Davis said Machine Gun by Jimi was one of his favourite tracks
Quote by ufossuck

it says on wiki that he played with them, and there were as many people in war as there were in the back up band in the film.

and to the guy who said about the clash, i did get the title from the clash
Quote by B4Dkarma

alright, i am pretty certain that the stuff i saw was a collaboration with war. but by the looks of the jimi discography on wikipedia, theres no recordings of it. or maybe its on one of his own albums, and its his own band.
can anyone expand on that a bit?
Quote by B4Dkarma

alright i went on IMDb where theres a description of the movie, and signed up because i saw a forum title :hendrix fusion.
sure enough, that was about this bit. one of the answers on it said that the band was 'gypsy sun and rainbows', but when i've been checking on websites for more than half an hour and all i get is the exact same text saying about a standard band, except with congos. the group in the movie had a horn section.

if anyones seen the movie, its the bit where he plays that song, then the guy says about not wanting him to play jazz. hendrix says "its not jazz, its from my soul" and the other guy says "noone cares about your soul"

seriously people, i have to find this recording! its the most mind-blowing **** i've ever heard!
Quote by B4Dkarma