I got a freind that has a WASHBURN X25 guitar(Link below). He says that he is gonna give it to me, and for free. WHICH ROCKS!!! only problem, is that the pickups dont work. It's only 3 weeks old. I helped him buy it, he is going to drums and wants to get rid of it. The 3 pickups on it died, because of a freak electrical accedent. Long story... trust me.

I think that you can only get this type of WASHBURN guitar, from this one place here.
So, here is the info on the guitar:

Washburn X25WA Solid Body Electric Guitar

As you can tell, its a: Humbucker/Single Coil/Humbucker set up. Which, is a unique thing, i think. I havent seen many with them set up like that.

Well, i have to choose new ones to go in it. Here is what i picked out.

Neck Pickup:
DiMarzio DP193 Air Norton Pickup

Center Pickup:
DiMarzio DP117 HS-3 Pickup

Bridge Pickup:
DiMarzio DP152 Super 3 Pickup

Would that set up work??? Any suggestions on what sorta set up i should use with this guitar??

Thanks,
--Duncan

PS: Im a METAL, PUNK, HARD ROCK, ACDC, VAN HALEN, DISTURBED, GODSMACK, METALLICA type of guitar player.
Gibson Explorer 1976 Reissue
Epiphone Special 2 (Stock Humbuckers)

Behringer V-Tone GM110 (Practice)
DigiTech RP80
Crate GT212 120w 2x12" Speaker Amp. (Stage/Gig)

I use ERNIE BALL strings!!!
First of all, take it back to the shop he bought it from and get it fixed. At 3 weeks the pickups should still work fine. Hell - at 30 years the pickups should still be fine. There's obviously something wrong with the wiring or pickups if they aren't working.

Once you get it fixed, play with the stock pups for a good month or two and see if you really need to switch them.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Rabid--Mutt91
The 3 pickups on it died, because of a freak electrical accedent. Long story... trust me.

I have a feeling his friend might have either pluged his guitar into something stupid or
rammed the headstock into a light or something, sending a surge of electricity through the strings, and destroying the already weak stock pickups...

just an idea..
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
I have a feeling his friend might have either pluged his guitar into something stupid or
rammed the headstock into a light or something, sending a surge of electricity through the strings, and destroying the already weak stock pickups...

just an idea..

Ok, to put it simple.... the dumb@$$ left the guitar out in his workshop, and an open electrical wire fell on it, and fried the strings, and pickups. OH, and it sent him flying back about 8 feet.

But, the question i am asking is, WILL THESE 2 HUMBUCKERS AND THE SINGLE COIL PICKUP, WORK CORRECTLY??? Will they work if i have a professional install them?

DigiTech RP80

Personally, that's really not a great guitar and is not worth investing a lot of money in. But if you must, The DiMarzia Air-Norton's are probably the best ones you have listed. Also look into some Seymour Duncan's. They are capable of playing a good range of music.

Ahh, I see what you are getting at. Yea, the set-up you listed will work fine, except that is $180 out of your pocket going into a not-so-good guitar...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
Personally, that's really not a great guitar and is not worth investing a lot of money in. But if you must, The DiMarzia Air-Norton's are probably the best ones you have listed. Also look into some Seymour Duncan's. They are capable of playing a good range of music.

Ahh, I see what you are getting at. Yea, the set-up you listed will work fine, except that is $180 out of your pocket going into a not-so-good guitar...

Yea.... but what GREAT guitar can I get with $180 bucks, though?? I mean, this guitar is light, got good feel, got 24 frets, and a good whammy bar.

What could i buy with $180 that will beat the X25 loaded up with those 3 pickups?

DigiTech RP80