Are they worth the money over single pedals? Also, I've read that they drain the tubes in a head, is that true?
My rig:
Brian Moore i21 w/emg 81 and 85 installed
Peavey XXX Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet

Pedalboard:
Ernie Ball VP JR VP
Line6 DL4
Boss DD3
Boss TU2
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Phase 90
the only thing theyre good for is direct recording i would say and putting stuff on video from your computer
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by BlackList666
the only thing theyre good for is direct recording i would say and putting stuff on video from your computer

you are totally wrong...Line 6 is the leader at desktop modelling and i believe tha POD XT is great also for lives..Great bands such as No doubt , U2 , Metallica , Scissor Sisters , Slipknot , Lenny Kravitz , New Found Glory , Deftones , Tonny Iommi any many more use Pod XT...It's the only way to have a huge variety of tones in just a turn of a knob...
Quote by danichro
you are totally wrong...Line 6 is the leader at desktop modelling and i believe tha POD XT is great also for lives..Great bands such as No doubt , U2 , Metallica , Scissor Sisters , Slipknot , Lenny Kravitz , New Found Glory , Deftones , Tonny Iommi any many more use Pod XT...It's the only way to have a huge variety of tones in just a turn of a knob...

sep 06'ers
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Quote by chris24789
sep 06'ers

How is someone's join date an indication of their knowledge and experience with (in my best Hank Hill voice) guitars and guitar accessories?

As far as the threadstarter's questions...it all depends on what you're looking for. I notice that you've already got a Peavey XXX and a guitar with EMG pickups. Now unless you turn down the input on the POD, you can expect to hear some digital distortion from the EMGs overloading the ADC going into the POD. You've already got a few stompboxes, what else are you looking for?

And as far as PODs draining tubes....there's nothing inside of them to drain. Your tubes will fair just as well with the POD as they would a slew of individual stomp boxes.
I'm not considering buying it. My friend bought one and I was wondering what everyone though about them. My rig now is great for me right now. I'm not even sure if I would need anything else hah.
My rig:
Brian Moore i21 w/emg 81 and 85 installed
Peavey XXX Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet

Pedalboard:
Ernie Ball VP JR VP
Line6 DL4
Boss DD3
Boss TU2
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Phase 90
I have one and have lots of fun messin around with it ,have gotten some truly good David Gilmore sounds out of it ,some times gig with it depends on what we are going to play ,I like the stereo effect ,compressors good ,also a good rockabilly sound with a tele,just abunch of stomp boxes in one not the holy grail of sound but gets close again depends on what your playin
The older i get the faster i was
I had one for a little bit. Personally, I didn't like any of the modeling from it. It all sounded distant and fuzzy. I sometimes got rid of the distance, but it was always fuzzy on any high gain sounds. The effects were great and it was pretty userfriend. It only took a little while to get used to it.

I returned it and bought the Vox Tonelab SE. Better modeling IMO. Warmer sounding. There aren't as many models, but thery are better so that makes up for it.
I bought myne thinking it is very versatile and usefull with all the effectors with its plethora of stomp boxes and 36 amp models.

I ended up using no more than 3 of the amp models, and only Tube Screemer Stomp Box.

If you play many, many, types of music and need plenty of 'mediocore' sounding amps than its a good product

If you have one Voice, I woudn't use it for your 24/7 lead tone, as for the price a decent $400 Tube amp would be a lot beter sounding.

I sold mine.
Quote by chris24789
sep 06'ers

haha , april 06'ers
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by Alex2zulu
haha , april 06'ers

haha..i play with this since 2003 so i believe that i can say my opinion whithout "sep06ers" and these kind of comments..
threadstarter ... you've got great gear already! in my opinion your not going to find anything in the Pod XT that you couldn't find using your gear and some analogue stomp boxes. i'm a real fan of analogue stuff as even though i'm a digital freak in most of my life, guitar is just something i like the feel off, and it certainly feels different when your guitars signal isn't converted to digital, processed, and converted back to an analogue signal. I love my modelling amp but compared to a proper analogue set up, it doesn't have the heart or the grunt.

If you buy single pedals your rig will be very high quality and versatile, if you buy the pod xt you may find slightl limitations in what you can do and might not reach your tone potential.

if you were a 13 year old with an amp that sounds more like a pa system then a brute killing machine i'd tell you to get a modeller, but you've got a brute killing machine, give it some weapons - give it some knives and guns and give it an arsenal, rather than giving it a pocket knife.

That's just my opinion though, you do have to do your own research.
Marty
I own a pod xt live, and use it as a practice tool. It's great with a set of headphones at 3am when everyone is asleep, or if your on a trip and can't lug gear with you. But in my opinion thats what it is----a practice tool. If you're going to spend $400 on effects to play live, then you should create your own pedal board of boxes--each with true bypass. This allows you to pick and choose the effects as needed, in an instant, and anything not used is not in the signal path. I also believe analog sounds better overall.
Last edited by REBARMAN99 at Sep 11, 2006,
I use a PODXT live which is basically the pod but with the floorboard ( play alot of gigs) i think its the ****ing best investment or at leat one of the best investments i made.. having the ability to create tones from scratch and thats just with the free software. They are definately worth the money...you can download a TON of cool mods etc which means u need never purchase another effects pedal again ...
I agree w/ 2 posts above.

Its a good practice tool and stuff, but it doesn't beat the real deal. I have it cause young guitarists can't usually afford Marshall stacks.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join