Poll Options
View poll results: The Killers. Yay or nay
Yay
76 56%
Nay
59 44%
Voters: 135.
Page 1 of 2
That is the question. I enjoy that new single "When You Were Young" and their new album supposedly is influenced by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Bruce Springsteen.
~~~Founder of the Hendrix Club~~~
PM me to join
Member #2 of the Cream club
nah...i cant really stand it...im not going to make fun of anyone for liking them though...just dont like em
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
I like the Killers. I haven't heard their new stuff, but their first album was really good.
...hey...
Yay. They were slightly annoying but their new single is very good.
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
they are better than fob or P!atd
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
they ahve a pretty generic sounds as most pop punk P!atd kinda stuff but at least are very technically proficient, which is more than i can say for most bands, can be annoying at times but are good in general i think
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
I liked them before Mr. Brightside was released as a single. Though it does have a sweet guitarline, the song is just very cheesy. When the Somebody Told Me EP came out, I loved it.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I liked their first cd, very British sounding. I'm curious as to see how American this one sounds so I can compare the two.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
I liked them before Mr. Brightside was released as a single. Though it does have a sweet guitarline, the song is just very cheesy. When the Somebody Told Me EP came out, I loved it.

yeah totally.
I used to be really into them about two years ago when I got their first album but now I don't really like them. I could probably get back into them again though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
They're good, but Brandons voice seems really lazy on the new song, like he's not really putting the effort in. On the first there were all these awesome sustained, heavy vibrato vocal lines, but the new single makes it seem lazy.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
MASSIVE nay. their music doesnt agree with me, and the lyrics piss me off.
I dislike the fact that they're trying to milk craploads of money out of kids who are too ignorant to have heard or heard of The Cure's Disintegration.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Meh, I only like All These Things That I've Done and their view on emo bands.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by rich_sg
They're good, but Brandons voice seems really lazy on the new song, like he's not really putting the effort in. On the first there were all these awesome sustained, heavy vibrato vocal lines, but the new single makes it seem lazy.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Anyone else think that he's trying to put on a bit of a Connor Oberst (Brighteyes) voice?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Yay - Thier first album was great, the new single is great
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
Quote by Zoso68
they ahve a pretty generic sounds as most pop punk P!atd kinda stuff but at least are very technically proficient, which is more than i can say for most bands, can be annoying at times but are good in general i think

What are you on about? They do not sound anything like pop punk or Panic! At The Disco.
Not seen them live. And well... they don't offend my ears, which a lot of this recent wave of rock-ish bands does.

I like the synthy touch, but their last album was overplayed to the power of ten.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Their first album is amazing. There's not one song on that CD that I dislike.
I have yet to hear their new stuff; I should check it out.
Quote by greggybhoy
What are you on about? They do not sound anything like pop punk or Panic! At The Disco.

Yeah but it's still terribly generic.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I like them. Sure, not the most original sound, but they do a damn good job of that sound.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Yes, I like them, but that mustache just annoys me to death. Reminds me of Freddie Mercury. The new single is very good.
I enjoy them a lot. I haven't heard the new song though so its all based on their old album.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
I like them a bit. Their music makes me oddly happy for some reason. Plus, it's catchy.

No, it's not the most musically incredible bands of today, but they're not bad either.

Yay from me.
I used to hate them, but now I'm actually very into the band. The vocals are the most charming aspect probably.
i'm listening to Sam's town right now. Awesome band.

yay
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by kelix
Yay - Thier first album was great, the new single is great

Yay
per aspera ad astra
Hot Fuss is pretty good, but I've heard a lot of Sam's Town, and have to say that so far, When You Were Young is the only song that even compares. Still a yay, because WYWY is great, and so is their first album.
The only track I really like is All These Things That I've Done.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Page 1 of 2