i decided to get a new bass, but i cant choose between a jaguar bass or a geddy lee jazz bass.So i wanna knoe what would u pick?Also if thers another bass in the same price range which would b a beter choide plz let me knoe.
I would go with the Geddy Lee. The Jaguar has good tone, but the switches really limit your tone. You get a choice between two sounds, whereas knobs give you two sounds and everything inbetween.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Geddy Lee is Rush, right?? I would go with it.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
go with the geddy lee, my girlfriend has it and its awesome.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
^ Agreed go for the Geddy Lee (Fender doesn't have a slimmer neck in production)
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Gibbo LP's are pretty mediocre in my experience, and overpriced.

The Ibanez Soundgear extremes have active pups, wider string spacings, and are a LOT more affordable, and reliable than LP basses.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
I would say go for a Musicman bass (I personally have an MM Bongo HHp and love it to death never played anything quite the same as a Bongo) but the Musicmans are really quite pricey...
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
The jags tone is a huge range compared to the geddy plus you have active pups.
Plus you dont buy as bass because someone famous uses it or has a similar one.

Get the jag im still waiting for mine,its got such variety and you can get the geddy lee sound plus more
Last edited by jonpeck03490 at Sep 10, 2006,
Get the Geddy lee

It's sound plus the beutifull neck makes this Bass the Sexyest beast on earth.
I'm still paying mine off and should get it before december.
Geddy Lee Jazz > Jaguar bass in every way. Additionally, in my opinion the Jaguar and Jazzmaster guitars are beautiful, but the Jag bass is a hideous god-awful creation.
I'd definitely go with the Geddy Lee Jazz. The Jag is hideous, and even a Standard Jazz is beast, so how could it not get any better?
I guess I'm the only one that thinks the Jag is pretty sexy...

(cue "one is the lonliest number" song)

Well I've never played the Geddy Lee signature, but I love thin necks, it just feels more comfortable to me, but if I was going to buy one of the two, I'd go with Geddy because of the wonderufl things I've heard about it.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
i would pick niether, you pretty much have to go check them out yourself and see what you like better cuz basically.. our opinions dont matter
Quote by bassistphury
i would pick niether, you pretty much have to go check them out yourself and see what you like better cuz basically.. our opinions dont matter

Hes asking our opinions to help him decide. Thats kind of the point of a forum

^^^

true but what i said is true, what we say we would decide he might not like...(talking from experience)
Quote by hatebreed219
I guess I'm the only one that thinks the Jag is pretty sexy...

(cue "one is the lonliest number" song)

I agree totally, I have always thought Fender Jazz basses (and most Fender basses for that matter) to be extremely ugly. That Jag is the nicest looking fender I've seen.

I can't actually really give any advice at all here as I have no experiece of either and have little knowledge of technical specs so I will agree with everyone else. Geddy Lee ftw.
Both basses are priced at $699 USD which does not favor either, obviously.

I looked through my Music 123 and saw that the Jag has a parallel switching system, I'm assuming it's similar to the S1 system Fender puts on their American Series guitars and basses. So you do have some versatility. I played one at Guitar Center a few weeks ago and all those switches were a little intimidating, but if you had the manual and knew what they did I'm sure you'd learn quick.

In fact, I change my vote, I say Jag, it's different, it's new, it's exciting, and I love the looks. I find it to be less awkward then the Jazz.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
The jag is very sexy as are most jazz basses.
Ive played both and heres some points

Geddy
-Bad ass bridge
-looks like a jazz
-passive pups which is not brilliant for slap
-nice feel

Jaguar
-option of passive and active
-you can have pretty much the same sound as the geddy
-Limitless amount of tones
-great neck
-great finish
-Who else is gonna have one
The Jag is just a Jazz with a slightly different body. Unless the switching takes it from parrallel to series then it doesn't have any more versatility than a Jazz. Also, those rocker switches have a tendency towards an early death, leaving you to buy new ones.
Thoses switches on the jag make a lot of difference the switching and treble make a lot of diffrence
Quote by jonpeck03490
Thoses switches on the jag make a lot of difference the switching and treble make a lot of diffrence

The swithes mearly replace what the knobs do. And with knobs, you have a much bigger option of tones. With a switch, its one or the other. This is why I don't want a Jaguar.

Quote by Bumper
Unless the switching takes it from parrallel to series then it doesn't have any more versatility than a Jazz.

actually, it does..............
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Bumper
^Yeah, I just read that earlier today. Does it have an active EQ?

it do.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
i've played both, and i personally would choose the Jag. the tone choices on the Jag are incredible, and the narrow neck has a nice feel, very simular to the Getty. although i do agree with Bumper about the rocker switches' short lifespan. and it does switch from series to parrallel, like the S1 switch.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Sep 11, 2006,
You can switch between active and passvie EQ if I'm not mistaken.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Geddy lee or Active jazz. Those are by far the 2 best fender basses in my opinion. I'm also a fan of the bulletbass. It's like a precision but it totally pwns any precision i've ever played.