i was just wondering which amps people like better around here

peavey 5150 or mesa dual rect - both heads

just wondering
Love 'em both. I own a single recto and a 5150 combo, but is there really a point to this thread?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
mesa dual recto. if you dont have enough money for the dual, i suggest the peavey XXX.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
You cant compare them. I love both equally. I love my Recto, but I also loved my 6505. Theyre just way too different sounding to compare...
Bias Mesa Dual Rec guy right here.....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^ lol

You might change your mind if you could play a modded 6505. Theyre seriously awesome amps!
Quote by sloppyjoe109
mesa dual recto. if you dont have enough money for the dual, i suggest the peavey XXX.

Why not get a single

And yea, hell even a stock 5150 sounds amazing! They are great amps, and I love them, it's just I think the Mesa has a lot more thump and just raw power. I love them both though !
Quote by CodySG
Why not get a single

dual has that extra channel. if mesa made a single with 3 channels, i probably wouldve bought that.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
I know the difference, I'm saying why would you say if you can't get a dual get a XXX?????