my dad is willing to spend 400-500 US$ on buying me i new guitar Ive been playing a first Act Acoustic (WALmart) and A Harmany four abut 3 years or so. i wont a versatile guitar that i can play punk, Funk, Blues, Metal, whatever mostly Metal and blues. i went to guitar center and was looking at the shekter with the Mahogany body what do you recommend.

ooo ya and do you recommend a whammy bare. i never had one, but what if i wont one later i wont a good quality guitar i cold use four a long time.
Thanks everyone
Well on most guitars you can just take the whammy bar off and on, so don't worry about that.

And as far as i know, Schecters(i think thats how to spell it) are pretty versatile.

Try a few more out, and whatever you like best and feels best, you should pick
Catcher In The Rye Is One Of The Best Books Ever Club

member #1 of the jim belushi club
Meh I'd go with a strat If i were you. And whammy bar is all preference. I love it. Couldn't play without it. Well, thats an exaggeration, but it adds another dimension, like a new effect. And as far as I know all strats have tremolos (bridges that use whammy bars, in case u didnt gather that).
Quote by TheChallenged
**** dude learn how to spell

Shut up.

Quote by ETmyday
my dad is willing to spend 400-500 US$ on buying me i new guitar Ive been playing a first Act Acoustic (WALmart) and A Harmany four abut 3 years or so. i wont a versatile guitar that i can play punk, Funk, Blues, Metal, whatever mostly Metal and blues. i went to guitar center and was looking at the shekter with the Mahogany body what do you recommend.

ooo ya and do you recommend a whammy bare. i never had one, but what if i wont one later i wont a good quality guitar i cold use four a long time.
Thanks everyone

It's spelled Schecter, just so you know. I don't think you can go wrong with them, at the very least the are competitive, in my opinion they're better for the price than most. As for a tremelo, or whammy bar, only get one if you think you will be using it. If you don't plan on using one, they make it harder to tune and maintain tuning, so if you don't want to deal with that, don't bother with a tremelo. On the other hand, they allow you to do things you simply cannot do with a hard tail.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Sep 10, 2006,
Quote by Vornik
It's spelled Schecter, just so you know. I don't think you can go wrong with them, at the very least the are competitive, in my opinion they're better for the price than most. As for a tremelo, or whammy bar, only get one if you think you will be using it. If you don't plan on using one, they make it harder to tune and maintain tuning, so if you don't want to deal with that, don't bother with a tremelo. On the other hand, they allow you to do things you simply cannot do with a hard tail.

Fixed. Other than that, this is fairly well correct. If you're just starting out with trem bars, I'd recommend a Strat-style one as opposed to Floyd Rose.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Fixed. Other than that, this is fairly well correct. If you're just starting out with trem bars, I'd recommend a Strat-style one as opposed to Floyd Rose.

Woops, that was a pretty ironic typo..
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...