what kind of effects could you possibly install in guitar and turn on/off with a switch instead of a pedal?

an overdrive or distortion would be cool, but anything really

ive seen "tone boosters" and "mid pushers" could i do something similar? thanks!
yeah
i don't know, but i saw a pic with evh holding a guitar with 15+knobs on it, it have the basic volume and tune, and bunch of smaller knobs or buttons under it. so i think its possible to have effects install into a guitar. also my uncle have an electric violin with built-in delay, reverb, doubling, and lead mode that can trigger thru a switch. i think tremolo is a pretty common 1 thats use as a built in.
Well, the thing about effects I think is that basically, you take hte circuit and wiring it into a guitar. there isnt' really anything else about it. So like if you wanted to put in an overdrive circuit. I think in an essence you'd be taking the circuit, removing the jacks, wiring the place the jacks should be directly to the lead wire going to the output jack on your guitar. And just drill some holes for the sound control knobs, and replace the push pot thing with a toggle or something... I'm not exactly sure though

wait for soemone who knows what they are talking about.
Check out Matt Bellamy of Muse.

In one of his guitars he's got a built in :

Z-Vex Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Graphtech Acoustic Ghost Saddles w/custom pre-amp
Roland GK-2 Internal MIDI Pickup Kit
Z-Vex Wah-Probe
Fernandes Sustainiac Pickup system
MIDI Strip Controller (to control a reissue Whammy pedal)
Toggle Kill Switch

just a couple of ideas....
wow thanks, i think ill try something a little simpler though.... hahah
yeah
Quote by kaplac
Well, the thing about effects I think is that basically, you take hte circuit and wiring it into a guitar. there isnt' really anything else about it. So like if you wanted to put in an overdrive circuit. I think in an essence you'd be taking the circuit, removing the jacks, wiring the place the jacks should be directly to the lead wire going to the output jack on your guitar. And just drill some holes for the sound control knobs, and replace the push pot thing with a toggle or something... I'm not exactly sure though

wait for soemone who knows what they are talking about.

you're exactly right (just make sure to shield the electronics)
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"