omfg i can't write ****. There is no way im ever gona get into a band.. i can't think of anything it all sounds the ****ing same, Im about to quit cause it's not worth the effort....
try learning songs of a different genre than you're used to. try taking a two-day break from playing. try some new fingering exercises. try playing to a metronome. try to slowly figure out on the guitar what it is you hear in your head
your problem most likely is, is that your playing one bands musics or two or three that sound similar, or you over practiced one song and your stuck on that riff, i just got out of a simular streak, just keept trying, and try learning a song by ear, maybe as your trying youll get something cool...thats what i did and i just wrote an awesome song
I think your problem lies with listening to kOrN or however its formatted.
I think you should reacess your whole problem. It is clearly evident that you dont actually know what you cant do and what you want to be able to do.

Is it that you cant get into a band? Well thats fine, just practise on your own. I have never been in a band and I am doing fine. Is it your lifes wish to be in one? Well, you will have to give it time. If your friends or other people have a jamming session go check them out and see if they will enroll you as a guitarist.

It seems that you have some problems in being able to create original and good sounding music. You dont always sit down with a guitar and play around with some notes until it sounds utterly wonderful. True, sometimes this can happen but it is an unreliable way of making a lot of good music.

To combat this certain thing you need to get down to some Musical Theory. This encompasses chord structure, keys and rhythm and scales and modes. Once you have a good grounding of all of these things you will be able to use this knowledge to think about what notes sound nice and how you can string them together to make them sound better. Once you have an excellent knowledge, which will take a long time, you will be able to know exactly what will go on in your piece, before you even start to play it.

To gain an understanding of theory, I suggest looking at some of the lessons here on UG under the tabs "Chords" and "Scales". Look at some of the higher rated ones, 7 is good, and read them through carefully.

This leads me onto my next point. Make sure you are carefull, thorough and determined. It seems you have lost determination to become better as you say you are going to quit. You could if you really want to, but that wont solve any of your problems, it will just tuck them away untidyly.

Not worth the effort? Then why do millions of people around the world strive to become better everyday, practising more and putting all their effort into becoming a better guitarist? Because they love it. Because it brings them joy knowing that they are getting better and that they have achieved something.

You need to ask yourself, what made you pick up the guitar? What where you hoping to achieve through playing this instrument? Once you have asked yourself these questions, I ask you, have you achieved this?

Seriously mate, think about it and stop being so lazy. Dont just stop because you cant be bothered. Stop because you have had both your arms shot off or something. Its up to you to give it another go, and this time, try harder.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Learn some theory instead of just playing random notes
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by notoriousnumber
I think you should reacess your whole problem. It is clearly evident that you dont actually know what you cant do and what you want to be able to do.

Is it that you cant get into a band? Well thats fine, just practise on your own. I have never been in a band and I am doing fine. Is it your lifes wish to be in one? Well, you will have to give it time. If your friends or other people have a jamming session go check them out and see if they will enroll you as a guitarist.

It seems that you have some problems in being able to create original and good sounding music. You dont always sit down with a guitar and play around with some notes until it sounds utterly wonderful. True, sometimes this can happen but it is an unreliable way of making a lot of good music.

To combat this certain thing you need to get down to some Musical Theory. This encompasses chord structure, keys and rhythm and scales and modes. Once you have a good grounding of all of these things you will be able to use this knowledge to think about what notes sound nice and how you can string them together to make them sound better. Once you have an excellent knowledge, which will take a long time, you will be able to know exactly what will go on in your piece, before you even start to play it.

To gain an understanding of theory, I suggest looking at some of the lessons here on UG under the tabs "Chords" and "Scales". Look at some of the higher rated ones, 7 is good, and read them through carefully.

This leads me onto my next point. Make sure you are carefull, thorough and determined. It seems you have lost determination to become better as you say you are going to quit. You could if you really want to, but that wont solve any of your problems, it will just tuck them away untidyly.

Not worth the effort? Then why do millions of people around the world strive to become better everyday, practising more and putting all their effort into becoming a better guitarist? Because they love it. Because it brings them joy knowing that they are getting better and that they have achieved something.

You need to ask yourself, what made you pick up the guitar? What where you hoping to achieve through playing this instrument? Once you have asked yourself these questions, I ask you, have you achieved this?

Seriously mate, think about it and stop being so lazy. Dont just stop because you cant be bothered. Stop because you have had both your arms shot off or something. Its up to you to give it another go, and this time, try harder.

Listen to this.
Then why do millions of people around the world strive to become better everyday, practising more and putting all their effort into becoming a better guitarist? Because they love it.QUOTE]

That was beautiful
~Bwandon
Everything that notoriousnumber said was excellent advice

Also id try to find a good teacher, having one can make a world of difference
Quote by madmk
I think your problem lies with listening to kOrN or however its formatted.

Truth
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Sep 11, 2006,