which way do u guys hold it? i hold it where the design of my tortex turtle is on my index finger.. which is facin down when holdin.. not on my thumb
well dude just play however you feel comfortable, personaly when i play my fingers bleed uncontrollably so i use bass picks but they all break on me so i need a heavy mm, whats the highest it'll go? and YES i've also broken metal picks.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Wow. You fail hard if you bleed so much on your picking hand.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
what my first teacher taught me was to take your index finger, and curl it so it's parallel to your thumb and hold the pick between your thumb and the side of your index finger. nice and stable, so the picking is all in the wrist, and the pick is parallel to the strings. and congratulations for maiming yourself mister "i break metal picks."
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

screw you, i dont fail, so youre telling me daron malakian fails cuz he bled from his fingers? and whats wrong with breaking metal picks? BESIDES YOURE SUPPOSED TO HELP THE THREADSTARTER NOT CRITICISE ME YOU ASSHOLES!!!!!!
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
I generally hold mine the way Dan said.

Sorry SHS, telling the threadstarter to hold a pick so they bleed is not helping. And what did you break a metal pick on some magical guitar that is so hardcore it eats picks?

Troll some other forum loser.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
i hold mine however im comfortable for different styles..sometimes perpendicular to the strings
to the threadstarter....my picks bend a little overtime from my excessive downpicks so i just flip it over if it's bent upwards....it really doesn't matter up or down. Mostly just hold the pick so you can play it right. I personally like holding the pick high for alternate picking and doing stuff like that with single notes back and forth, sorta in the middle for normal playing, and really low toward the part facing the string when speedpicking....as long as you can play it.

sometimes i play with it at like 45 degress, using the side of the pick like

| |
*\ __ /

for soft strumming of chords and powerchords on electric if i dont want to make alot of noise.

no one can really tell you how to do it, then can give you advice and beginning tips, just do it so it works

and by the way...
breaking pics is the 2nd to last thing i'd want to do on-stage..so why would you brag about breaking them (snapping a string is worse)

(edit couldn't fix the one part of my awesome pic...uhh yeah hopefully you can understand it)
Last edited by pacoasterrider at Sep 11, 2006,
Quote by saulhudsonslash
screw you, i dont fail, so youre telling me daron malakian fails cuz he bled from his fingers? and whats wrong with breaking metal picks? BESIDES YOURE SUPPOSED TO HELP THE THREADSTARTER NOT CRITICISE ME YOU ASSHOLES!!!!!!

you need to just chill man. go listen to some floyd and mellow out.
Molsons Golden i never said to the threadstarter to hold the pick so he'll bleed i told him to hold it however its comfortable, i ALSO am not bragging about breaking them so go to hell,
and ranalli youre probably the only one that tells me to chill THANKS so um really asking a serious question what would be a good pink floyd album to buy?
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
Quote by saulhudsonslash
Molsons Golden i never said to the threadstarter to hold the pick so he'll bleed i told him to hold it however its comfortable, i ALSO am not bragging about breaking them so go to hell,
and ranalli youre probably the only one that tells me to chill THANKS so um really asking a serious question what would be a good pink floyd album to buy?

The wall, dark side of the moon, animals, wish you were here (gilmour/waters)
the piper at the gates of dawn (syd barret)
The division bell, momentary lapse of reason (gilmour)

If you want to get to know the most common form of pink floyd i would recomend "dark side of the moon" or "wish you were here" scince "the wall" is verry angry/sad, and i dont think its really compereable to the other albums; and scince syd barret was constantly high/ goeing crazy "the piper.." is a verry diferent pink floyd( also becouse david gilmour wasnt in the band back then). "division bell" and "momentary lapse..." are both good albums but its without waters, and so its different again
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
lol i admit it is sacriledge to not own any floyd albums being a guitar player and all but im poor you know? so im like if im gonna get one of their albums it HAS to be a really good one. THANKS
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck