Well thruth be told... i don;t know how to mute x.x yeah so a riff like

7777 55555
xxxx xxxxx
5555 33333

confuses me...
this is really sad cause im not a noob...
Index on lower note, middle on higher note. Automatically mutes.
just let your index finger touch it so that it muffles the sound of it.
speeed killz
what i do is press the strings with my finger sort of at an angle. The finger resting on the lower octave note touches the string in the middle, thus muting the string. I hope i was helpful.
with your finger thats playing the '5' bit on the left hand side of that 'riff', you put it just on the string with the 'x', so that if you stroke it, it will just make a dull kinda 'thud'. well thats how i do it anyway.
i believe its called percussion, you just place your finger on the string,but don't press on it this muffles the vibration that comes from the string. hey presto!
Basically like everyone else said but you can also use your index and ring fingers for the fretted notes and mute the middle string with your middle finger.
I try to keep the normal power chord shape (index, ring and pinky) but just keep te ring finger lighter so that it's just touching. You just have to be careful about chords such as

X

and

X

because that can sometimes cause harmonics.
Last edited by Slidey O'Neil at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by Slidey O'Neil
I try to keep the normal power chord shape (index, ring and pinky) but just keep te ring finger lighter so that it's just touching. You just have to be careful about chords such as

X

and

X

because that can sometimes cause harmonics.

I do the same thing, only I use my index, middle, and ring finger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ΣΔΤ ΜΣ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halo 2
Hockey
These piha teams don't do that through the legs ditzie-doodle.

Zeitgeist
You should use your pinkie. i know you might think it's really cool that you can stretch without using your pinkie (trust me. i used to think that) until i realised how far behind i'd slipped in my playing because i never used my pinkie.

The moral of this tale

USE YOUR PINKIE!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM