my classic 30 is really old and its starting to break down on me. something blew in it a while back and some tubes did and i had to get all that replaced and new tubes. about 2 weeks ago my clean channel volume pot messed up and it stays on the same volume no matter what. and a few days ago my overdrive channel started humming and then when i turn the gain up it becomes a 30 watt siren. im lookin at these options.

1. get the amp fixed and hope it is still reliable.
2. buy a new amp.

some amps i was lookin at are: a new classic 30, peavey valveking, fender hot rod deluxe, fender blues deluxe reissue.

any opinions and/or other amp reccomendations?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I would most certainly sell all of my equipment, purchase a harmonica, and then become a nomadic minstrel.
that could work, only i dont want to do that......
anyone else got anything...useful?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Spiderman - sigged
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by -spiderman-
I would most certainly sell all of my equipment, purchase a harmonica, and then become a nomadic minstrel.

Brilliant.

Threadstarter, do you love the sound of your classic 30? Do you really want a new amp?

It won't cost that much to get the Classic fixed, and it'll cost a lot for new amps (especially when you can't sell your broked C30)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30