http://justusnorth.dmusic.com/

My first recording to share with you guys. It's not flawless, but it's decent. I'd love to hear any questions or comments.

Night
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Listening to it as I write!

I keep listening how many guitars there are, even though you just said there's only one

0.32 is great! Great chording. I'm jealous, because I know this song and I can't play it like this I only rag improvisations over it

1.06 is nice!

1.52-1.54!! :love:

Why the hell did the outro just quit

Overall, I think it's pretty nice, but you could improve a bit by practicing the piece more! I know you can do it

Cheers, Mark.

Edit: check out my version of this song! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6775806#post6775806
Last edited by elvenkindje at Sep 10, 2006,
The first thing I notice is the sharpness with which your higher notes are sounding. I would suggest getting a very fine sandpaper. I use 2000 grit that is used for buffing cars. Use it to buff the tips and undersides (sort of) of your nails, this will produce a much smoother, fuller tone.

The playing was fine, and I really think you did a commendable job with the piece. Your use of dynamics, color, and volume was decent, though you could ahve brought it out a bit more in certain areas. Then again, it's kind of hard to tell with the recording.

Did you add reverb with your recording program? lol
My God, it's full of stars!
I love this piece of music, I'm glad you guys could hear it, albeit it wasn't played like a master, but the mechanics are there. Yea, I did use reverb, heh. I know , I know, it's a sin and stuff, but I don't think it was distasteful.

Ah, I never thought about getting a finer nail file for some reason. I'll run out for that today.

I appreciate your criticism dread, since I'd certainly say you know what you are talking about. I know some places I could bring out some volume more, I'll keep working on it .

I love this piece of music, I'm glad you guys could hear it, albeit it wasn't played like a master, but the mechanics are there.

And finally, sorry for spamming your forum Dread, but it's tough to find people who would have an informed idea about this style of music on these boards. Besides, I'm helping keep the classical community alive

Night
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Aye, this is indeed pretty good. I would like to second Dread on the 2000 grit sandpaper (was it me that told you about that so long ago when you got into classical playing...?). It's spectacular stuff, although your tone still sounds alright. There are a few notes you don't let ring out as long as should be, and there are some volume issues between your lows mids and highs. I'm not sure about the 'story' behind the music, but it seems to be quite romantic in nature, so I'd say exaggerate your dynamics and color a bit more - make the music really come alive.

Well done.
Slurgi