https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6775594#post6775594

I hate to have to do this sort of thing, but I'm not sure how many of you go to the covers section, I know I never did. I'm curious as to what people like ImLousy have to think, and figured this is the way to get them to find out.

Night
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
LOL sorry, I still consider myself a newbie. =)

First things first, how long have you been playing classical? Only then can we judge your present standard accurately. What guitar are you using?

The piece has pretty distinct voices, upper and lower. The lower thumb voicings are abit too hidden at important sections.

If you've been playing for a decent amount of time, it's time to add in more obvious dynamics and tonal colours.

All in all, great job!
Haha, don't we all? You are one of my few noticable peers here though, even if I am just breaking into the whole classical thing. My guitar reflects this - Yamaha CG100A.

Do you know the parts specifically which I should bring out the lower? I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to disrespect his music.

I've been playing fingerstyle for about a 1.5-2 yrs, I think, and more seriously for the past few months. Unfortunately, there are not many other 17 year olds in my city who are into stuff like this, and if they are it's usually there parent's making them play since a young age. I will just cling to you and Dread for my fingerstyle fixings .

Night
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
It's the same where I am, tons of wannabe electric and acoustic players. Only a handful are good. A handful of classical wannabes here. A few are forced to learn from a young age, and most of them I don't called them classical guitarists. They're simply fingerstyle players.

To excel in this, you have to pay attention to the slightest detail. Many students of mine, simply don't bother or don't follow the conventions for some reason. More likely than not, the 'if it works my way, why follow conventions?' attitude crops up. Basically, your teacher shows you the way and guides you. YOU are your MOST important teacher.

Sorry, I just had to let all that out. Pent up frustrations from months of teaching. LOL! Could I have the score or tab to it? Only then can I describe accurately.

As for your guitar, it's sufficient to learn on. But take care of how your higher notes tone sounds like. As Dread mentioned, it's pretty sharp at the higher pitches. Get a more refined tone by shifting the way your nail plays the string.

Basically, the fingertip dampens the string and the nail releases and plucks it. If you use SOLELY the nail, you'll get a pesky nail ticking sound everytime u play a note.

At your level, you might want to experiment with tonal colour. Change the angle at with your nail plucks the string. Since the sound gets thinner in the higher strings, especially the first, you can balance out the tone by plucking with the nail at an angle, rather than parallel to the string. This sweetens and thickens the tone. This change in angle can be produced by changing the angle of your wrist.

A fuller sound can be produced by playing closer to the fretboard. A sharper sound nearer to the bridge. If you combine both arm and wrist movement, the contrast is even greater.
Note that certain sections of the piece have thumb bass runs, those should stand out more than the accompanying upper voicing.

One last tip, practise all your exercises and pieces as loud as you can. Your right hand fingers should play with greatest strength possible, while your left hand uses just enough force to sound the notes cleanly. Crescendo is probably one important thing that many can't do, due to lack of strength. Of course, I guess no one has problems with playing soft. When your strength has developed enough over months of loud practice, you can stop trying to play hard. By then you'd have the ability to control dynamics far better.

Once again, only a teacher can tell you when to stop practising at maximum volume. But if practised correctly, it will result in a stronger and more controlled tone, while you'll have superior dynamic control over your playing.