Page 1 of 9
Tomorrow marks the 5th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City.

What do you remember about that day? Where were you when you found out? Do you know anyone that was involved in the NYFD etc?

I remember that day like no other... and I can't believe it was 5 years ago now. I remember waking up at 2AM in the morning Sydney time, flicking on the TV and thinking I was watching some b-grade movie...

I haven't lived through any wars, but to me, this was the scariest day of my life.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Make the thread tomorrow. It's September the 10th today.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I was pissed off that i got home ready for birthday presents after a ****ty day at school and my parents insisted on watching the news for hours, even though they were just repeating themselves over and over again.

I sat on the stair and sulked.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Make the thread tomorrow. It's September the 10th today.

Read the first sentence of my post again.

Quote by God Book

HA!
My Nan would of been up there when it came down, but luckily she decided not to go and stay with her sister.
he what day?? its so long ago... i dont no much about it anymore only that there will be sth else built the next years i think
Quote by Aidy Damage
sleep with one eye open tonight Juan89's gonna get you!

a world without guitar is no world!!!

PEACE
I went to school that day...
I dunno what I did.
It didn't affect me taht much..we had a minutes silcence in school later on...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by ToolBass_dude
I was pissed off that i got home ready for birthday presents after a ****ty day at school and my parents insisted on watching the news for hours, even though they were just repeating themselves over and over again.

same!! it sucked
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by ToolBass_dude

I remember the day like yesterday. I just woke up to goto school and my parents were watching the news and they were talking about how bad it is and stuff.

But after 10 years is this going to be as big of a deal? We don't have anything about December 7th (Pearl Harbor) anymore. That basically drew us into World War II. WWII was as big of a deal (if not bigger) than the Middle East. I guess the media are going to continue to hype this up every year to make money.
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Sep 10, 2006,
Quote by ToolBass_dude

You selfish bastard.

9/11 of course was a tragedy, but what's the point in making a thread the day before? It just seems kind of pointless.

Quote by Smokey Amp
You selfish bastard.

9/11 of course was a tragedy, but what's the point in making a thread the day before? It just seems kind of pointless.

Where I live, it is September 11.

Quote by God Book

HA!
Wow, I must have been 10 when it happened. mabye that why I didn't really care.
I was in 5th Grade; that morning I was in school, and my friend tells me that it's "National 911 Day," and that they were doing something special with the ambulences. Then, my friend comes into school and tells me that, "Some dude flew a plane into a tower, in NYC," I remember saying that that must of sucked. My math teacher that day told us about what happened, and her daughter was in New York City that morning, so she was worried. I also remember, on the way home from school I heard a sonic-boom. Plus, I was upset because all they showed on TV was the plane crashing into the WTC.

I was 10, what do you expect?
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
i was asleep in my bed and my mum came in, woke me and told me there had been a terrorist attack against the pentagon. Because at that time (i was twelve) i didn't really know what the word trade centre was, so the pentagon seemed more important. Nut when i got to school the seriousness of my teachers sort of dawned on me, and all my class mates.
Quote by twentyextysixx
Where I live, it is September 11.

That's crazy! Foreign countries from the future...

Quote by meh!
Wow, I must have been 10 when it happened. mabye that why I didn't really care.

Yah, I was 14 when it happened. It really didn't affects us over here in Britain, I still remember that day though. It's not like we were told about it in school, we had to find out when we got home.

i remember getting into the car when i came out of school, and my parents telling me planes had crashed into the towers, then i remember watching the news for a while. thats about it really
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
i thought it was a movie...
Quote by Tyson2011
d von is truly one of the pit.

Quote by 09phillt
Good God Man What's Wrong With You!?
meh september 11? i really don't give a shit. only significance it has for me is that it was the start of WW3
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Smokey Amp
That's crazy! Foreign countries from the future...

Yah, I was 14 when it happened. It really didn't affects us over here in Britain, I still remember that day though. It's not like we were told about it in school, we had to find out when we got home.

It started a war though

It's just..to detached for me to care about, if you know what I mean?

If it had been some building in Scotland, or even england or Ireland I think I would have cared a lot more...but 2 buildings that I didn't know existed..until they didn't any more....

Anyawy, enough of this morbid buisness! It's time for a sandwhich!
Quote by Double Basser
meh september 11? i really don't give a shit. only significance it has for me is that it was the start of WW3

Here's a prime example of an American who thinks the "world" is America. Everyone give him a round of applause.

Quote by meh!
It started a war though

Not really. By itself it really didn't do much, it was when combined with other factors did the Americans decide to go to war. I'm not highly informed on the Iraq war or the "War on terror" so I wont comment any further.

Last edited by Smokey Amp at Sep 10, 2006,
le sigh.

I couldn't have cared less to be honest, sure, it's sad that so many people died, but I think that something worse happened to us, or we allowed something to happen to us after that, we let whatever the goverment tell us go unquestioned, cos if we questioned them, we were helping the terrorists.

3000 people died, and thats a tragedy, most where innocent good people, but in the after math, so many more people have died needlessly, so many more children have died, mothers, fathers, cousins and uncles, died needlessly, and because of that day. We need to remember not only the 3000 people that died in the towers, but the other massacres that go on daily.

I was in a bus on the way home when I heard it on the radio, to be honest I didn't know what the twin towers where, and I dont think a lot of other people did either, I know where I was because I was made to believe that this was the worst thing that happened in the worl dever, and I believed it naivly.

Everyone can remember where they where when the towers fell, but can you remember where you where when the first bomb killed innocents in afghanistan, the first time a soldier died, on either side.

Do you know of the other horrible things that happen in this world? Eastern europe and its booming sex slave, where in war torn countries people are fooled into thinking there going for a better life when really they are sold as slaves, turned into sex toys for the highest bidder, how about in china, where people don't enjoy the freedom of speach that we squander for the most part, where the internet is censored with the help of big corporations for money, in the poorest countries in africa, where people will risk a weeks long journey with no water and food, on a unsea worthy boat, many dying in the process, to get ot a better nation.

We should remember htings like 9/11 and other tragedies, but we shouldn't wallow on it, there is far more to be done in the future, and far more people will die unless we start to act.
Quote by Smokey Amp

Here's a prime example of an American who thinks the "world" is America. Everyone give him a round of applause.

He's Australian
Sent from my iPad.
It was my brother's birthday and I remember coming home from school to see the news on tv and the twin towers on fire and I was just shocked. It didn't effect me a lot but I did feel upset for those who had been stuck in the towers and how they must have felt, being trapped.
Questions of science,
Science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

Quote by Smokey Amp

He's australian, GG.

Who cares, australian, american, mexican, all have ridicolous accents
Quote by paintITblack39
He's Australian

lmao
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by paintITblack39
He's Australian

I didn't notice. Well, an Australian that thinks America is the only country in the world?

Quote by busby_bass
le sigh.

I couldn't have cared less to be honest, sure, it's sad that so many people died, but I think that something worse happened to us, or we allowed something to happen to us after that, we let whatever the goverment tell us go unquestioned, cos if we questioned them, we were helping the terrorists.

3000 people died, and thats a tragedy, most where innocent good people, but in the after math, so many more people have died needlessly, so many more children have died, mothers, fathers, cousins and uncles, died needlessly, and because of that day. We need to remember not only the 3000 people that died in the towers, but the other massacres that go on daily.

I was in a bus on the way home when I heard it on the radio, to be honest I didn't know what the twin towers where, and I dont think a lot of other people did either, I know where I was because I was made to believe that this was the worst thing that happened in the worl dever, and I believed it naivly.

Everyone can remember where they where when the towers fell, but can you remember where you where when the first bomb killed innocents in afghanistan, the first time a soldier died, on either side.

Do you know of the other horrible things that happen in this world? Eastern europe and its booming sex slave, where in war torn countries people are fooled into thinking there going for a better life when really they are sold as slaves, turned into sex toys for the highest bidder, how about in china, where people don't enjoy the freedom of speach that we squander for the most part, where the internet is censored with the help of big corporations for money, in the poorest countries in africa, where people will risk a weeks long journey with no water and food, on a unsea worthy boat, many dying in the process, to get ot a better nation.

We should remember htings like 9/11 and other tragedies, but we shouldn't wallow on it, there is far more to be done in the future, and far more people will die unless we start to act.

Its mainly because the media is hyped up about because their target Americans are the ones who care so much about it.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Smokey Amp

umm i'm australian

i'll clear up what i mean, yes 2 planes did fly into the world trade centres killing 5000 or however many people, but the flow on effects, Afgahnistahn, Iraq etc. have harmed way more people then that,and will continue to, making it world war three.

Besides i think 100 000 refugees on the move because of corrupt goverments and war is a little more significant than two planes crashing into towers

Quote by Smokey Amp
I didn't notice. Well, an Australian that thinks America is the only country in the world?

i tell ya what it certainly feels like it
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Last edited by Double Basser at Sep 10, 2006,
Quote by Double Basser
umm i'm australian

i'll clear up what i mean, yes 2 planes did fly into the world trade centres killing 5000 or however many people, but the flow on effects, Afgahnistahn, Iraq etc. have harmed way more people then that,and will continue to, making it world war three.

Besides i think 100 000 refugees on the move because of corrupt goverments and war is a little more significant than two planes crashing into towers?

You're missing the point. I don't disagree that this was a war, but to call it World War III is just ignorant.

Quote by Double Basser

i tell ya what it certainly feels like it

Yeah, you're not wrong there.

Quote by Double Basser
umm i'm australian

Besides i think 100 000 refugees on the move because of corrupt goverments and war is a little more significant than two planes crashing into towers?

I really wouldn't call the situation at the moment world war three. In contrast to "world wars" in the past, this is nothing. Occupation of countries? yes, small attacks? yes. But i wouldn't call a handfull of bombings a "world war."
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're missing the point. I don't disagree that this was a war, but to call it World War III is just ignorant.

Yeah, you're not wrong there.

i can see your point but it is turning into a wordwide thing, every country has stepped up it's police forces etc. to combat it, a lot of countries do have a say in what is happening (thanks UN) and while yes it may be too early to call it WW3 i honestly don't think it will be long, then i beleive there we'll be a breakdown of government and we will possibly see an economic depression

i dunno, i may be wrong but it's what i foresee
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
I remember I was coming home from playing with my friends (9 at the time btw), and as I got in my mum shouted "come in here and watch this".

So I walked into the living room (no puns) and watched the news coverage. They were mainly on about firefighter's helping the survivor's I think, but it was all very shocking. Even the reporters were pretty much lost for words, mumbling statements over and over again.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
i can see your point but it is turning into a wordwide thing, every country has stepped up it's police forces etc. to combat it, a lot of countries do have a say in what is happening (thanks UN) and while yes it may be too early to call it WW3 i honestly don't think it will be long, then i beleive there we'll be a breakdown of government and we will possibly see an economic depression

Doubt it, it's more likely to be a war over oil. *Nods*
Who cares, australian, american, mexican, all have ridicolous accents

, and from a scottish fellow
i dont care.
people are all like ''OMG ITS HORRIBLE''
no it aint.

How can you say that untold thousands of deaths (including the casualties from the war on terror) isn't horrible?

Just incase you're wondering, no, you're not H4rdc0r3 or Gr1m.
Quote by jesusgonewrong
, and from a scottish fellow

Aye, now **** off prick before I give ye a hee haw in yer maws draw.

Just joking.
Quote by busby_bass
Aye, now **** off prick before I give ye a hee haw in yer maws draw.

Just joking.

That's why the scottish PWN like 17th century white men....without the slavery though.....(I think)........*look's into distance and contemplates*