When my band starts gigging, what are some of the most popular songs, something everyone will know.

Right now our arsenal is this...

sunshine of your love
tears in heaven
wonderful tonight, all 3 clapton

these are good songs, but they aren't really great.

need some diversity please
Quote by The 1
Hypathetically speaking, would jacking off everyday be considered OCD?

not that this applies to me in any way, i'm just curious...

Member#15 of the "Guitarists born in 1991 club." PM blues_rocker, greendayguitar, or gdm09 to join."
Back in Black - AC\DC
Born To Be Wild - AC\DC
Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin
man who sold the world- bowie/nirvana
pretty easy to play and everyone knows it!!!
Quote by sTx
Back in Black - AC\DC
Born To Be Wild - AC\DC

born to be wild is not ac dc ja*****ss!!! Born to be wild is steppenwolf

anyhow, all ac dc songs are great, even clash or GnR ( thoght solos are very difficult )

i know, very crappy grammar...
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk
fire-hendrix
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
wish you were here - pink floyd

the rain song, how many more times - zeppelin

paranoid/iron man - black sabbath
back in black - acdc
stairway to heaven - led zep

everyone knows them. especially back in black

maybe crossroads by cream. the stuff in that is pretty impressive
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Rockin in the Free World - Neil Young
Hey Hey My My - Neil Young
Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Throw some Zep in there like Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love, Rock n' Roll. Everyone knows or is farmiliar with them. Plus Sweet Home Alabama gets the crowd going. My band played a bar once and we played that at happy hour and we had all the drunk dudes singing.
la villa strangiato by rush...

jk

try cinimon girl by neil young...
Avoid everything that has been suggested so far, do more obscure and older stuff. Every band does the same songs, the popular rock like AC/DC and stuff. Try to stand out a little and do some Bo Diddley, Stevie Wonder and Howlin' Wolf.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
My band plays Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and Come Together. All easy songs that sound good. We also know how to play a bunch of stuff, like Tales of Brave Ulysses, Jumping Jack Flash, My Generation, Sgt. Peppers-->The End, Money, Comfortably Numb, What Is and What Should Never Be, and Sweet Emotion.

ufossuck is right though, it would be cool to play some older stuff.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by ufossuck
Avoid everything that has been suggested so far, do more obscure and older stuff. Every band does the same songs, the popular rock like AC/DC and stuff. Try to stand out a little and do some Bo Diddley, Stevie Wonder and Howlin' Wolf.

I played some Stevie the other night, gosh that was fun

Everybody's heard all the popular stuff, why not have a little fun with some lesser known numbers that are your favorites? I agree with ufossuck on this.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
I played some Stevie the other night, gosh that was fun

Everybody's heard all the popular stuff, why not have a little fun with some lesser known numbers that are your favorites? I agree with ufossuck on this.

Yeah, or you could do lesser known songs by popular artists. I think it'd be sweet to hear either one.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Muffin Man by Frank Zappa. Thats a great tune.
Takin' Care of Business is another good one.
I really like Sunshine of Your Love, but my band doesn't like playing it.
Quote by sTx
Back in Black - AC\DC
Born To Be Wild - AC\DC<<<<

hahaha looks like someones been on limewire

and umm play freebird
Quote by deadhead313313
Muffin Man by Frank Zappa. Thats a great tune.
Takin' Care of Business is another good one.
I really like Sunshine of Your Love, but my band doesn't like playing it.

****in' right! AND YOU THOUGHT HE WAS A MAN, BUT HE WAS A MUFFIN!

"Takin' Care of Business" and "Sunshine of Your Love" are kinda cliche nowadays. Personally If I was gonna do a B.T.O. song it would be "Roll on Down the Highway," you don't hear that every day, like "Takin' Care of Business." Some older standards would be cool, maybe "Who do You Love?" "Johnny B. Goode" or "Rollin' and Tumblin'."
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Don't do the same old crap everyone does, noone wants to hear that. Play what you want to play and what you listen to, maybe you'll get someone into some new music. Wouldn't that be more satisfying than assaulting their ears with Back in Black again?
I'd like to see somebody do "up from the skies" by Hendrix especially with that Wah work.
"An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind"- Mahatma Ghandi
I've always thought Good Times, Bad Times would be good to cover, the solo in there is amazing and Burn by Deep Purple is a little less known but would be good live
Quote by ufossuck
****in' right! AND YOU THOUGHT HE WAS A MAN, BUT HE WAS A MUFFIN!

"Takin' Care of Business" and "Sunshine of Your Love" are kinda cliche nowadays. Personally If I was gonna do a B.T.O. song it would be "Roll on Down the Highway," you don't hear that every day, like "Takin' Care of Business." Some older standards would be cool, maybe "Who do You Love?" "Johnny B. Goode" or "Rollin' and Tumblin'."

I (we realize) that its cliche. But around here, no other bands do it, and once and a while we like to do a song that everybody knows, get people to sing and whatnot. When we do covers (which isn't too often), we tend to do lesser known tunes, but its nice to have something that people know and love.