U2 and Guns N' Roses?
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Guns and roses yeah
U2 never.
Quote by Tom Martin

Jeez... if your house was on fire, what would you do? Phone the fire department, or go on UG and ask us what to do?
GNR Maybe. But U2 is in a class by themselves. Perhaps "Crap Rock" would be fitting?
Last edited by EL Conquestidor at Sep 10, 2006,
U2 is classic but not gnr
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
U2 started in '76, and GNR started in '85, so....technically....GNR is not classic rock, end of story.
Quote by sashki
Guns n' Roses yeah.

U2 will be classic in 5-10 years.

that makes no sense,

1. U2 was formed before GNR
2. Classic rock isnt a floating time window, it happened and thats it, there are new bands that copy it, but there are no more true classic rock bands...
what are you talking about? it is common knowledge that U2 was formed before GNR, and you cant just throw something into the classic rock genre...
U2 is wuss rock, it's better to just ignore them. Guns and Roses are classic.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
well, I dont like U2 at all,but since they are popular and started in the mid 70s, you cant really deny that they are classic rock, and it has been said a million times by mods, that GNR isnt classic rock...
I like U2

Guns and Roses aren't classic rock in my book. U2 are pushing it, but I think they are.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Guns N' Roses (though I do like them) aren't Classic Rock, they're really more 80's hard rock/heavy metal. U2 were around during the Classic Rock time frame, but I don't consider them to be CR, since, well...they suck.
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
guns n roses is just a popular/influential band.. its not classic rock JUST because they happened to be played on classic rock radio, or put on 100 top solos of all time lists. for some reason no one understands that classic rock is a time period which ended. there wont be anymore new bands just because of how rock has evolved.

U2 isnt a classic rock band, definately a milestone in rock history (whether you like them or not) but not classic. guns n roses is the same thing, but theyre not classic by any means. especially since they were influenced themselves by classic rock bands
Gn'R, no, definately not, according to forum rules.

U2 is Modern Rock believe it or not (see the MR Recommendation Thread).

So, you know what time it is! Thats right kids, its time for your favourite game show....

LETS!

REPORT!

A THREAD!!!!
I love that show! NO AND NO TO BOTH
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Quote by deadhead313313
So, you know what time it is! Thats right kids, its time for your favourite game show....

LETS!

REPORT!

A THREAD!!!!

I'll take Stupid n00bs for 200, Alex.
For 200: Which band is constantly thought to be classic rock, and even has a steady stream of ignorant people to swear they are?
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club