Hey, I am doing my Design & Technology internal assesement on guitar stands.
I would really appreciate it if you guys could take the time to answer a couple of questions about your guitar stands if you own them. If not, it would be great if you could let me know why

1. Do you own a guitar stand?
2. Do you have complete faith in your guitar stand?
3. What type of guitar stand do you own? (Tripod/Rack/Wall Mount/2 Leg Stand)
4. Have you had any problems with your guitar stand?
5. If you own one, what material is it made from and how much did it cost?
6. What is your opinion of your guitar stand and would you be interested in seeing an alternative model?

Thanks a lot guys, it would be awesome if you answered these
Cheers!
Paul
"DiSuSe"
you're doing a project on guitar stands? that can't be fun....
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
1. Yes
2. No... theres been a few notable dents in my telecaster because of it.
3. Tripod
4. Yep It keeps on slipping to the left as parts of the frame dont tighten up on each other.
5. Metal and Plastic. £10
6. I would be intrested in another model similar to the fender stand I use to hold up my acoustic as I have had less problems with it and its a small more compact design.
1- Yes
2- Yes
3- Tripod
4- No
5- Plastic, rubber ($15 or $20)
6- It work pretty good I know it won't let my guitar fall down. But for a player like me, who likes V shaped guitars, I would like that someone designs a stand for a V shaped guitar.

By the way my stand is a ''Profile''...

Hope I helped you.
1. yes
2. its pretty cheap so not really.
3. tripod
4. the bottom support keeps falling off because its not attached to anything
5.I believe its made of ABS plastic and it came free with a cord that i bought at Guitar center. Normally i think it costs $15-20
6. Its ok, gets the job done but i would love I am sure their are better models for the price.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
1.)Yes.
2.)Yup.
3.)Tripod
4.)Nope...
5.)Metal...and has like little rubber feet so it doesn't slide...and...$15
6.)I like it.Pretty standard if you ask me...nothing too.."OMGZ THAT GUITAR STAND LYKE PWNS!1!11" about it..just..yeah...lol.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
1. Yes, I own two.
2. Yes
3. Tripod
4. Nope
5. Metal (aluminum?), with polystyrene holdy things, cost about $15 each.
6. I wouldn't mind a different kind of stand, especially a wall-mount, just because they tend to get in the way on the floor and I think a wall mount would eliminate that problem, and look cooler.
i think so but dont qoute me on that

no to the Questions

1.Yes
2. Yes
3. Tripod
4. no
5. Metal 30 bucks
6. I like it but if better came along id try it out
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
1. Yes
2. Yeah, it's sturdy
3. 2 leg stand (two huge feet with rubber grips)
4. None
5. metal and rubber, and it was a gift
6. It's good, it does what it's meant to and it can cope with electrics and acoustics. However I don't think it'll cope with the exotic body shapes I hope to own in future.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by disuse_PUNK
Hey, I am doing my Design & Technology internal assesement on guitar stands.
I would really appreciate it if you guys could take the time to answer a couple of questions about your guitar stands if you own them. If not, it would be great if you could let me know why

1. Do you own a guitar stand?
2. Do you have complete faith in your guitar stand?
3. What type of guitar stand do you own? (Tripod/Rack/Wall Mount/2 Leg Stand)
4. Have you had any problems with your guitar stand?
5. If you own one, what material is it made from and how much did it cost?
6. What is your opinion of your guitar stand and would you be interested in seeing an alternative model?

Thanks a lot guys, it would be awesome if you answered these
Cheers!
Paul

1) Yes, a couple
2) For the most part, nothing apart of a freak accident will cause any real harm to my guitars.
3)Rack-a 7 and a 3 Warwick Rockstand, 2 Hercules Single Guitar Stands.
4)Not Yet
5)Uh, Metal? Plastic? Rubber? Dont remember
6) Nope, what I have works.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

1. Yes
2. Yes, it?s never let me down.
3. umm? not really sure, I guess a rack seems fitting
4. Nope
5. Looks to me like mostly plastic, with some kind of rubber in the rack itself. 10$(converted from Israeli shekels to dollars)
6. Well, it?s fairly cheap, and serves its purpose well, but I always like trying something new.
yes
yes
don't know what it's called but it's basically 2 pieces of metal in a v-shape on the ground and 1 piece to support the body
nope
like i said, metal but it's also got rubber for the edges, it came with my guitar/amp etc set of 199 euros so it can't have cost much
it does the job, so works for me, maybe if i had a $1000+ guitar i'd be interested in a safer one
1. Yes
2. With my strat I didn't, but since my LP has different weight distribution, yes.
3. Tripod.
4. Nope, none come to mind.
5. I'm not sure; it's black and it feels like metal. Pewter? I don't know the cost, it was a present.. It's got rubber, too.
6. It gets it's job done, though I am uneasy about it, since it doesnt take much to make my guitar fall. Alternate models would be cool, I suppose.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
1. Yes
2. No
3. Tripod
4. Yes; I actually physically broke it once because I couldn't get it to fold right. My dad and I glued it back together with some metal sealant thing whose name escapes me right now and it works just like it was new again.
5. Metal with rubber feet and a plastic lock for the legs, I think it sells for about $20 right now.
6. I think there are others on the market that would do a more secure job if I wanted that; I got the model I have because it folds up into a small space when I'm not using it. I've tried my guitar on other ones that actually have a neck guard to keep it from falling that way, and I think they work fine for me. As somebody else mentioned, though, for guitars that have distinctive shapes like the V's, I don't know if any floor stands will accomodate those guitars at all; maybe that could be your project.

FYI, this is the stand I own: http://www.zzounds.com/item--ULTGS50
1. Do you own a guitar stand? Yes
2. Do you have complete faith in your guitar stand? Yes
3. What type of guitar stand do you own? (Tripod/Rack/Wall Mount/2 Leg Stand) Wall Mount
4. Have you had any problems with your guitar stand? Nope
5. If you own one, what material is it made from and how much did it cost? Wood, rubber and Plastic
6. What is your opinion of your guitar stand and would you be interested in seeing an alternative model? I'm pretty happy with it, but could use another that isn't a wall mount
UG Irish Clan: Pog mo thoin

Quote by rich_sg
I smell like Herbal Essences. I'm disappointed with the lack of orgasms

Quote by KManLink
yea you gotta make sure youre lathering correctly
make sure youre jackin off too
1. Yes, obviously, or there wouldn't be much point in me replying to these questions
2. 99%
3. http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/images/MdInstruments/xcgsingle.jpg
4. nope
5. Steel and plastic.
6. I'm pretty happy with it, but having just Googled a bit to find an image of it, I've found out that XCG also do one that holds three guitars, which I would have bought instead, had I known it existed, I have also seen these ones http://www.theguitarfiles.com/modules/catalog/images/GS700E.jpg though I think I'd prefer them if the guitar ended up closer to the ground.