I'm looking at getting one of these to get a little more definition out of my tone both with my bass and guitar rigs

You can see my gear in my sig, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience using a Maximizer (especially if you've also got a Tele)

Thanks
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Yes I have used and owned a BBE sonic maximizer. I think I payed around 100 bux for it. I sold it because I didnt notice much of an effect on my sound. I know players that swear by them for clarity and tone, however I play strats and I like the tone I get from my combos. I bought a really good tuner instead, I get more use from that anyway. A friend of mine who does alot of recording said what the sonic maximizer does is "takes a picture of what you are playing, and clarifies the music." I didnt not notice any thing other than a slight overtone change and less fret noise, however I like the fret noise. I wouldn't recomend buying one unless you get a great deal on it.
"I am not mean, I just mean what I say"
"The Truth is Eternal"

I am working to put Michigans West Coast on the map. With my new studio: L E studios @copyright 2006.... set to open in fall of 2007
im not a big fan of them either and if you use to much of the effect it tarts to sound real bad IMO.

Though go try it for yourself as i know guitarists who think their rig would fall apart without it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Okay, so I bought the BBE Sonic Stomp and I'm wondering, for those of you who do use it, do you put it in the signal path before your amp? Or do you use it with your effects loop?
Has anyone tried it with their effects loop?
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah