Hey guys, I've been starting to amp shop. Right now im running a Gibson Sg Special with SD Seth Lovers through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with a variety of boss pedals, including distortion . Anyway im looking to upgrade to somehting like the Mesa Boogie Duel Rectafier or the Marshall JCM 2000 DSL. I'm leaning towards the Mesa because i need alot of clean switches and apparently the DSL wont really switch back and forth. I also need a really heavy hitting high gain sound, i know the Mark IV has that kind of gain. I want a great clean tone with that amazing tube sound, ive already listened to all of the clips around, and does the Mesa always have the slight OD on its clean?. I'm very lost right now lol. Budget is not an issue, and i play pretty much everything wiht an emphisis on metal/hard rock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks, Dave
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
-Frank Zappa
the clean channel on the mesa has two functions: clean and pushed. pushed is a kind of crunch, thats why you say the clean sounds like OD. to tell you the truth, mesas are supreme, you just have to find the right one. id go with mesa, marshall just sounds too brittle to me.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.