I have a Fender FM212. It has an AMAZING clean channel for its price (about $300). It's very loud, 100watts... perfect for gigging.

But it has really crappy distortion. Which is why I don't use it.
May I ask why no tube amps?

You may. But I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion about this. Basically tube amps cost lots of $$$. I have only a little bit of $$$. Plus don't like the idea of maintaining one. I am already searching for advice on tube amps elsewhere in case I decide to go the tube amp way.

But, the more likely scenario is SS for me at this stage, and if you combine the two amp types into one thread, it is impossible for people to give you SS advice ("anyone who wants SS must be cuckoo in the head" kind of attitude). So I just want this thread to be about SS amps.

For a while I'll just be using the amp to continue with home practice, and jamming with my friends, but I wan't it to be good enough to carry me onto gigging small venues if or when my band gets up and running in a giggin situation.

Way off in the future if I decide I want to switch to tube, then that's fine, but right now, SS all the way. I don't wanna do the usual thing and buy a puny SS for practice and a tube amp for gigging. I want the one amp to do both to a decent level, and then later if I decide to go tube, then I can retire the SS to just for rehersal/practice.
^Maybe because of their price? (directed to ibanez4life SZ!)

Try out a Hartke.

EDIT: although it's actually a modeller, I've heard the Flextone can get real close (try PMing Dave_mc though)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 10, 2006,
The FM212 is a great amp to be had at a decent price

Randall RG100's are reliable and sound pretty good
That would be my choice

Unless of course you find a Lab Series L5 in which case you buy it
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Fender won't give you a Marshall tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i have a crate xt65 and i love it for about 215 with a free squier from my local Guitar Center but maybe the crate xt120. they go great with my rg350
roland jazz chorus. Best solid state cleans the world has to offer in my opinion.
^ Ditto. But I'm not too sure how it takes pedals though. And it's a bit pricy.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
^ Ditto. But I'm not too sure how it takes pedals though. And it's a bit pricy.

Well, quality costs. It's unfortunate, but true. And I agree with the Jazz Chorus recommendation. If not that, then a Fender definitely. Maybe a Fender hybrid? The FM series is crap, IMO.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Mr_Newbie_LP
to clear that up, i ain't after marshall tone from the amp, as long as the amp gives me a good clean sound that handles pedals well, i should be able to get close enough to marshall tone from this pedal that ive found

Even if your pedal is some kind of Marshall Dist/OD, I don't think you'll get 'that' close. IMO EL34 tubes will probably get you closer.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420